rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Score on the books! Older books and recipes are so lovely. My mother worked at a care home many years ago and as a fundraiser, they asked the residents to give their favourite recipes for traditional and other dishes for a cook book, which they then printed and sold. I got some amazing recipes from that book.

The tonic looks interesting, thanks for the recipe!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Some years back when I first joined the forum someone else was making that, or a very similar, tonic. Can't remember who it was, but they swore by it. Maybe @rodeogirl you can share your results with us when you've tried it a few times.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Just made some master tonic I'll make a bigger batch after this is done
20170929_183358.jpg

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So it's been a productive day after work so far. I got a batch of Master Tonic done and with the recipe that I posted a quart jar would be just fine. I got a loaf of bread going and now I get to do my least favorite thing and wash all the dishes that I dirtied

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Goodness, that looks interesting… (Says me who drinks green goop for breakfast lol)

Did you find a sitter for Silas for when you start your second job? I was thinking last night, if anyone is going to realise their dreams, it's you. With your level head, perseverance, determination and hard work, I can see you on your little homestead in a few years time :thumbsup

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So I worry about my friends a little too much. I haven't been able to get a hold of one of my closest friends for over a week now. I know it's because he is busy with work but he's had 3 heart attacks this year. We've always been there for each other. It's actually gotten to the point of me not sleeping because I'm wondering if he is ok. (Which is why I'm still up at 4 in the morning)