rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Me too, one of my friends did remind me that hunting season started and he is probably up on the mountain but I still worryabout him.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
No I haven't been able to but I've seen him driving around town so I know he's alive at least

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
This is what happens when it's my little man's birthday in the morning
20171011_231552.jpg
I spend 4 hours blowing up baloons to put in front of his door

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Its cold today we are getting a nice downpour. My boyfriends sister in law and I are taking our boys out on a mother and son double date. A couple towns over they are doing a mother son date night, dinner a craft and watching monster trucks.

I took everyone of my daughter's on a date when they hit 16 years old. After they got older they all said it had a profound impact on them. And helped guide them in what they looked for in a man. My oldest daughter when I walked her down the isle said daddy.i chose a husband just like you. Which of course brought tears to my eyes.

Dating my daughters was really easy though... I dropped the dad gig and I just showed them what i believe a man should be like and I acted no different than if I were taking my wife out on a date. Except they were my daughters of course. We even got all dressed up and went to a fancy restaurant and they got to choose where we went after dinner. It was a neat experience. One daughter chose a play and another chose a walk in the park and sit on the dock over looking the ocean and we talked.a.long time about grown up things. another chose to go to the record store, i bought her a few records and a concert teeshirt which she still has today and wears occasionally. My last daughter chose to go to the amusment park and ride roller coasters. It was amazing to me just how different and unique my 5 daughters are. It was definitely a learning experience for ole dad that's for sure and was kind of like me saying to them your a woman now but you will always be my daughter.

Their friends all thought it was weird until after we went on our date and my daughters told their friends what it was like. Then their friends thought I was a pretty cool dad.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I took everyone of my daughter's on a date when they hit 16 years old. After they got older they all said it had a profound impact on them. And helped guide them in what they looked for in a man. My oldest daughter when I walked her down the isle said daddy.i chose a husband just like you. Which of course brought tears to my eyes.

Dating my daughters was really easy though... I dropped the dad gig and I just showed them what i believe a man should be like and I acted no different than if I were taking my wife out on a date. Except they were my daughters of course. We even got all dressed up and went to a fancy restaurant and they got to choose where we went after dinner. It was a neat experience. One daughter chose a play and another chose a walk in the park and sit on the dock over looking the ocean and we talked.a.long time about grown up things. another chose to go to the record store, i bought her a few records and a concert teeshirt which she still has today and wears occasionally. My last daughter chose to go to the amusment park and ride roller coasters. It was amazing to me just how different and unique my 5 daughters are. It was definitely a learning experience for ole dad that's for sure and was kind of like me saying to them your a woman now but you will always be my daughter.

Their friends all thought it was weird until after we went on our date and my daughters told their friends what it was like. Then their friends thought I was a pretty cool dad.
Wow, I love this! I really love this, what a wonderful idea!

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Just made some master tonic I'll make a bigger batch after this is doneView attachment 4953
And we have master tonic
20171015_115901.jpg
so I let it set for more than 2 weeks because honestly I forgot about it. But the pint-size mason jar has the leftovers of the Master Tonic in it I remember reading somewhere that you can use the remnants in cooking so when I make stew or something I'll put about a tablespoon in. I also left out tumric. The only reason was I thought I had some and I didn't.