rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hope BF gets better quick and I love that program!
he's doing better now he better remember to pick up what we need for dinner. He wanted pot-roast and I told him I would make it if he picked up the ingredients. With Alaska the last frontier its what I want to do but a little further north then I want to go.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
so I am kicking around the idea of using a windmill to pump water for my buildings and animals. I know that the amount of water I get and the speed of acquiring that water depends on the size of the windmill and the depth of the well. But my question is douse anyone have a windmill for pumping water and how well douse it work for you.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The joy of children. I need to get my son's shot records for daycare and hospitals are really disorganized. The hospital where I used to live faxed his records on the 3rd and the hospital that I'm at now (which is the hospital that has all of my records because this is where I grew up) hasn't gotten them so I get to go through having them sent all over again:he

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So we got over a foot of snow last night and it's still coming down
20170111_092505.jpg

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Wow! It finally started snowing here this morning. Came down for about an hour, but it didn't settle. We're sopping wet from last night's rain.