rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
So do I… It snowed 4 times and the last one stuck and settled finally, before it started raining and it all melted. Friday morning I saw two cars come into the village that was covered in about an inch deep layer, so someone got a good load. Yesterday morning we were covered in frost and I mean white with the stuff, but this morning we're warm again. Fickle weather. It's early days still, we'll probably get more soon enough.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ireland sounds a lot like Arkansas.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The next two weeks are going to be crazy im moving in with my boyfriend so I have to pack up all of mine and my son's things move them to storage until it's warm enough to go through everything and see what I want and what I want to get rid of. And while all of this is going on I need to find out what is up with my son's shot records because apparently the records that where sent to the hospital are from after he was 2 and I had moved before my son was 1 and a half.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So my boyfriend got my son a cat and I was looking at the ingredients on his cat food which just scares me. I'm the kind of person that if I wont feed my family that quality of food why would I feed my animals it. So I'm thinking of making food for the cat. I've made cat food before for my cat that I had growing up but I cant use the same recipe just because I don't have axes to the same ingredients. But the recipe was approx.
1 lb salmon cooked
1 lb tilapia cooked
1 lb elk cooked
1 lb beef cooked
2 cups cooked rice
2 cups frozen peas
1 cup grated carrots
mix all ingredients and freeze in 1/4 cup pucks heat until warm and serve to your deserving kitty
Edited to fix recipe

Last edited:

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So has anyone here had yerba mate. My sister got me hooked on this tea when she came back from Argentina a couple years ago. And of course I drink it the traditional way using a bombilla and A mate gourd So I get some pretty weird looks at work.
20151126_155252.jpg

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I remember trying some years ago. I had a Spanish teacher in high school that was from Argentina

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So my son's cat is missing. He got outside yesterday around 4 and hasn't been back.

Latest posts