RTR- Living the Good Life

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
RTRCHICK, if you want to know more about the birth certificate issue, Michael savage interviewed the democrat that brought on the suit. He is the former attorney general of Pennsylvania and life long democrat. the interview is on www.michaelsavage.com I listened live and it was VERY informative and disturbing at the same time. its scary how one sided the press has been during this campaign season.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
RTRChick said:
Thank you everyone for responding about the house. We aren't getting it because the owners decided they'd rather rent it to their sister's cousins' brothers' son... or something like that.

WOoot how bout that game punkin? haha!
Bama finally played in the second half of a football game.

Ughh I've been soo busy this weekend! Had to go take care of my great aunts chickens on Sunday because she is in the hospital (she'll be alright). Now I'm not complaining, but I don't see why her kids couldn't have their kids take care of them. But I guess thats what family is for. I just wasnt in the mood to go up there, after being out celebrating Bama's victory. I'm just glad I live close enough to help out a bit.

And umm.. I just heard Mr. Obama, doesn't have a birth certificate. not sure how true that is, but you can bet I'm looking into it.

Ohhh and I'm extremely worried about the economy. My hours got cut at work, hubs hours got cut, and now I'm all scared about not having food. Plus my teachers talk about it for about half the class period now.. >.<;
I had high hopes in the first half, but we sure did get a tail whoopin'. Oh well, there's always Vol basketball.

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick, Nope, not really enough room for a well stocked pantry. Lots of deer meat now though, so I guess I'll be eatin that. And my parents raise cows so I'll be getting some beef in dec. I'm just worried about staples like potatoes and such. Guess I'd better go stock up a little now.

I'll be checking that out firem3. I don't like how one sided the media is. Its sooo close to elections and I still haven't made up my mind about who to vote for yet. May not vote if I don't get my butt a out of town voter thing.

Lol punkin. I'm sure we'll be given you a tail whoopin there too ;)

In other news, I dyed my hair pink. Haha its funny lookin!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
With your parents raising beef and such they must be on a farm. How much land and is it close enough for you to have your own personal garden there....one you can tend and reap the rewards? But that has to be do-able.

Yea the side dishes to meals are a pain...I hear ya. Meat is no problem for me either with the cattle and hogs and chickens, my problem is the other foods too..HA HA

I hear ya!

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi everyone! sorry i haven't been on lately, just life situations.

But I'm still here, working on being self sufficient.

Ok... I guess ya'll deserve some sort of explanation..

my great aunt died. So I've been helping out the family with stuff, then my best friends grandfather died (he was like my grandad!) So I'm just hoping that the whole "deaths come in threes" isn't true. I don't know who else would die... but I'm a hating it right now.

Plus school, and my crazy obsession with this new yogurt maker I found at the thrift store... and work...

Thank you roosmom, so weird I get on to post an update, and see how everyone is, and you've already left me a comment wondering where I disappeared to! Lol

Well I'm editing this because I've got something to say.
I hope everyone who has children reads this.

Ya know what, I'm 22 and married. I've seen so many post on here the last few minutes. And most of its about stuff I already know about. I remember helping both my grandmothers can when I was young. I remember helping dad to steer the bull calves, planting and tending the garden, collecting free corn cobs (from a special neighbor :) ) to feed the pigs so we could have fattened steers and pork. I remember getting paid $1(and I thought that was pretty good money!) a day to take care of my neighbors chickens when he went out of town. Heck, I remember my dad making me mow my dentist grass because my dad lost his job and couldn't finish paying the bill to fix my teeth. (and I totally believe it was worth doing that once a week for a summer because I have the most beautiful smile)

And you know what? I'm so thankful I have the parents I do. They helped to instill my work ethic, they taught me that money is only used for the necessities in life. I had an absolutely beautiful wedding thanks to them, one that fulfilled all of my fantasies and then some and it was only $2000, for EVERYTHING! (our rings were the most expensive part)

And I'm a girl... I guess its because I was raised in the country, in the south, that I feel like I'll be ok no matter what. I mean yah, I like using those nice conditioners to make my hair look great, but I know some "home made" recipes that work just as good, they just smell worse.

Anyway, this post isn't meant to offend anyone, I just want people to know that I was raised to be self sufficient. I was raised that money don't mean a thing, you just use it to pay your bills and to survive. The real joys in life can't be bought.

I want to encourage everyone who has taken this path to become self sufficient with kids, that you are doing the right thing. I never once realized, until now, that we didn't have much. I had books to read, didn't care about not having cable, I was never bored, there was always a chore to be done. I'm a much better person for what my parents taught me. I know I don't have to have the "new" style going around campus. That in the end, only the people that really love me will make sure they stick around in my life. And to me thats the most important thing: having people that love me for who I am in my life.

Well... alright I'm done with that. Now all I can say is that

GO BAMA!

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
RTRChick said:
And you know what? I'm so thankful I have the parents I do. They helped to instill my work ethic, they taught me that money is only used for the necessities in life. I had an absolutely beautiful wedding thanks to them, one that fulfilled all of my fantasies and then some and it was only $2000, for EVERYTHING! (our rings were the most expensive part)

And I'm a girl... I guess its because I was raised in the country, in the south, that I feel like I'll be ok no matter what. I mean yah, I like using those nice conditioners to make my hair look great, but I know some "home made" recipes that work just as good, they just smell worse.

Anyway, this post isn't meant to offend anyone, I just want people to know that I was raised to be self sufficient. I was raised that money don't mean a thing, you just use it to pay your bills and to survive. The real joys in life can't be bought.

I want to encourage everyone who has taken this path to become self sufficient with kids, that you are doing the right thing. I never once realized, until now, that we didn't have much. I had books to read, didn't care about not having cable, I was never bored, there was always a chore to be done. I'm a much better person for what my parents taught me. I know I don't have to have the "new" style going around campus. That in the end, only the people that really love me will make sure they stick around in my life. And to me thats the most important thing: having people that love me for who I am in my life.

Well... alright I'm done with that. Now all I can say is that

GO BAMA!
I agree, agree, agree with your sentiments RTR! Good to see you are ok. Dont think about the threes. No sense in worrying.

Zenbirder

Frugal Vegetarian Farmer
Reaction score
Jennifer,
You put a smile on my face this morning. :hugs
I wish one of my daughters had your attitudes... love her anyway but she just "has to have" the STUFF that everyone else is getting.
Susan

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Jennifer,

Sounds like you had some good parents and a good upbringing. I tried to do the same with my daughters but was not entirely successful in doing so.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Jennifer, I'm so sorry for your recent losses. :(
I want to thank you for your encouraging advice in raising kids to be self sufficient. It isn't easy in the society they're growing up in. I'm glad I've got this forum to come to when I need a reminder that I'm doing the right things for my son.

Latest posts