Sad... so sad

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
My cousin is elementary school teacher who is one of the designated carry individuals. He prays he never is faced with situation, but is ready.

A number of years ago, there was a school shooting about 40 minutes away. My kids were still in school. I was so proud of them as we talked through this. All three said they would feel guilty if they ran and didn't protect their friends. Their mom ranted and raved at them. Had a really long talk in private with my son about being smart and being prudent, but not being a coward. After that convo, he was no longer that "little man" to me

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was an elementary school teacher, and I wished they would allow that. There were several of us who were ready to volunteer if the laws changed.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Saw this on FB

Libby Higgins
18 hrs · Camarillo, CA, United States ·

“On April 20, 2018, school children around the country in public and private schools will be signed out and walk out at 11:00 am Colorado time, and march to mayors’ offices, governors’ offices, the White House, local NRA offices, Mar-a-Lago, campaign offices, etc. Enough is enough. And saying “enough is enough” is getting old. Not one more student should die by gun violence."

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This shooter was reported to the FBI 6 weeks before the shooting in a very detailed and long phone call to the FBI tip line. And the FBI did nothing.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This shooter was reported to the FBI 6 weeks before the shooting in a very detailed and long phone call to the FBI tip line. And the FBI did nothing.
That's because it's sexier and more exciting to respond to a shooting than to quietly bring someone in.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

I've been following the same... But sad to say nothing much surprises me anymore. HIPAA (medical records are protected). So how do you know if someone is a nut job or not?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And since everyone has their "rights" no one can be committed until they do something heinous.