Sad... so sad

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's creepy!

There was a school shooting threat up in VT this week. They arrested the guy. Glad VTstate police are more on top of things than the FBI.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
This whole thing is just a bit surreal for me. When I scroll through my FB newsfeed, it's all over there, the memes, the things people say and think and I keep thinking "What on earth is wrong with people?!? WHY do we have this happening? What went wrong with humans?" :hu It's terrible...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just last week I did a search on my work computer. When I got home and got on my laptop - guess what ads were scrolling? I thought that was pretty freaky!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We're you logged in to Gmail? Yeah, I hate being watched by technology!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No. While I have a gmail account - I rarely use it. I'm old school and still use Yahoo mail and I NEVER stay logged in. My work email is always open at work, but we have really strong filters there. However, there's a connection in there somewhere... pretty sure about that. :hu

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hmm...I refused to set up the new phone with the gmail account, or any other. When I found out that you can NEVER close any account on your phone....no way.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The more I think about it.... I charge my phone from my computer at work. At home, my phone is my hotspot. Looks like the phone is the link. Geeze. I am not a techie or a conspiracy theorist - but it sure looks like there's a connection.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It also comes under "sync"...when you synchronize all of your devices to your phone. But yeah, the modern cellphones are right up there with the Smart electronics...even TV's now. They can record as well as anything. Just look at the people finding out their baby monitors have been hacked, their webcams on their computers have been hacked...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep! I always cover the camera on my computer. Should do the same with my phone but I use the camera a lot...

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
People do school shooting because it gets such huge publicity.

Way back when, the media started covering teen suicides intensely. It was intended to discourage others. Instead they there was an epidemic of teen suicides. Turns out suicidality is contagious.

I argue school shootings are contagious too (for those so pathologically inclined). I sincerely hate the news media. They make us weak and vulnerable.