SALE ALERT - Turkey

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I really don't get paying extra money for smaller portions. If I don't use it immediately, I just freeze it. I also don't get not eating leftovers. I guess I have been poor for too long. Nothing goes to waste and all.

No way does turkey soup taste anything like a turkey and cream cheese wrap. Who cares if the meat was cooked a day or a month earlier? Does it matter if it was in the freezer for a bit first???

Can someone explain this to me? Seriously...I don't get it!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Believe me, I don't get it either. He just decided one day that he would no longer eat left over turkey or chicken. If I froze it, then made something for dinner w/it at a later date, he'd refuse to eat it. And, when I make soup, I'm the only one that eats it-even if I don't use any leftovers. He drives me nuts! And now he can't understand why I no longer want to cook.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sounds like some of my friends kids. That's right about when you say fine and ignore the behavior.

My local Fresh and Easy has turkeys at .37cents per pound limit 2. I will go get a couple tomorrow.

I think I will be able to find them cheaper though.

g

Edited because I wrote the wrong store down. Opps!!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
How does he notice you used leftovers???

Most guys I know wouldn't realize if I didn't tell them LOL.

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Well, my husband wouldn't notice if his own head was on fire :D He's not stupid or anything...just an absent-minded professor type who's head is full of grand ideas, new stories to write, and sciencey things I don't understand. :love

If I make something he doesn't particularly like, he just drowns it in hot sauce :gig

Since that doesn't happen often, and I make our hot sauce from scratch, no hard feelings :D

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
abifae said:
How does he notice you used leftovers???

Most guys I know wouldn't realize if I didn't tell them LOL.
Simple, if we don't have turkey for a month, then I cook up something w/turkey in it, he knows! Especially since he now does the majority of the food shopping. :/

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Just got my first sales flyer. Albertson's is doing a price match on turkey. I haven't seen ads for the other stores though so I don't know what they will be matching :p

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I breed turkeys-organic, free range, heritage turkeys but yes, I will be going after those five dollar turkeys in the store and I will can those suckers for quick easy meals. Maybe when our breeding stock is larger and we have lots more birds to cull I'll eat more of my own but for now my turkeys are too valuable compared to a five dollar turkey at the store.