Saving money has made me bored out of my mind!!!!

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Kimnkell- how wonderful! I am jealous of anyone who has something they can do from home to make a living. Of course, it takes maybe more self determination than I have to keep you working at home where there are so many things I'd rather do :p I don't think I am ever going to be able to retire. Certainly not and keep my current lifestyle. (and my partner likes our lifestyle!)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I make stuff. I'm trying to do some "upcycling." I made some pretty paper beads for a bracelet. Easy. Fun. Kills time.

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It took me a while to make the change from the city-running-around-all-the-time to rural never-leave-the-house. It was hardest in winter because I can't stand the cold and only go outside to care for the poultry & get the mail. Nowadays I try to avoid leaving here as much as possible. I make a lot of lists - planning the garden, going through each room in the house & writing down what needs done & materials necessary to do it and how much it will cost. I'm making soap, doing crafts, going through cookbooks & trying new recipes.
To satisfy my shopping urge, I go to auctions, flea markets, yard sales & the thrift store. It's fun to score some great item for a tiny bit of money. The last auction I went to I had a pickup truck full of sheets (garden row covers) towels (I rescue chickens), linens & doilies and fabric scraps (for crafts). I spent $45.

kimnkell

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
valmom said:
Kimnkell- how wonderful! I am jealous of anyone who has something they can do from home to make a living. Of course, it takes maybe more self determination than I have to keep you working at home where there are so many things I'd rather do :p I don't think I am ever going to be able to retire. Certainly not and keep my current lifestyle. (and my partner likes our lifestyle!)
Thank You! We really love it! We are working on being totally self sufficient. We are building a little cabin back in our holler away from noise and will be generating our own electricity and practically living off the land. I am so excited! It certainly does take a partner of the same likes to live this lifestyle and I have been totally blessed! We love exactly the same things and we often say that we get excited over the smallest things that most people around our town would think was crazy. lol...

kimnkell

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
meriruka said:
It took me a while to make the change from the city-running-around-all-the-time to rural never-leave-the-house. It was hardest in winter because I can't stand the cold and only go outside to care for the poultry & get the mail. Nowadays I try to avoid leaving here as much as possible. I make a lot of lists - planning the garden, going through each room in the house & writing down what needs done & materials necessary to do it and how much it will cost. I'm making soap, doing crafts, going through cookbooks & trying new recipes.
To satisfy my shopping urge, I go to auctions, flea markets, yard sales & the thrift store. It's fun to score some great item for a tiny bit of money. The last auction I went to I had a pickup truck full of sheets (garden row covers) towels (I rescue chickens), linens & doilies and fabric scraps (for crafts). I spent $45.
That's great! Don't you just love those great bargains! My Son works at an auction and he brings me home all kinds of goodies! We also have a local little catholic thrift store and I find tons of goodies there when I go. If I come out spending 10 bucks, I will have about 4-5 garbage bags full of good stuff. I call it the Country Mall..lol:lol: