Saving money has made me bored out of my mind!!!!

ninny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Im in the same boat, but a little worse. I live in the sticks and its snowing. That means no vistors and im scared to death of driving in the snow. That means im lonely a lot. DH is working long hours to. You'd think id be fine with four indoor dogs. But its nice to talk to humans once in a whille. Spring will come soon though. I crochet a lot and started some herb seeds.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
DianeB said:
Since I have been very tight with the purse strings, I have found myself home quite a bit. The only reason I left the house before was to go to work, church or shopping. Stopped shopping unless it is absolutely nessecary. Go to work a few times a week. Church only once a week. This leaves my evenings and weekends filled to do nothing but home stuff. Research for school, yard work and housework only occupies so much time. This is very, very boring!!!

Do consider myself somewaht of a homebody. But, this is ridiculous. Can only watch so many movies and TV. What to do?

How does everyone else deal with this?
Re-arange the furniture. :D Seriously thats waht I have been doing today. Other than that, when I'm really bored, I will do some knitting or sewing or re-arange my stash in my sewing room. :lol:

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
:lol: Oh yeah!< I forgot ... DIane, you can just hang out here when you're bored. Or BYC or any of the back yard forums!

Thats what most people do then you can't call it bored!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I guess I don't see free time as down time or boring, as I get so little of it. I work all week, so it's a blessing to come home and do the stuff I really want to do....mess with the animals, organize or build something, read a book, snuggle with the family or just BE.

Daydream, call up an old friend, visit someone I never get a chance to visit, do something nice for someone....all the things I never get time to do, I do. This gives my soul a boost...when I get to do something just for me!

All of these activities don't cost anything but are still very gratifying for me.

For anyone who looks for a way to volunteer or help, most hospice services really need volunteers. Our volunteers sit with people so that caregivers can go to the store or just take a nap, they fill bird feeders outside a sick person's window or just let these people talk....they have so much to say near the end.

Some of our volunteers come in to our office and help file papers, organize our supplies or even run fund raisers for us, like garage sales or bake sales. They bake things to give to our patients and they run errands for us. We LOVE our volunteers...they make our patient's lives and ours so very bright with their smiles and their willingness to serve! :)

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
I think if I could stay home all the time (like if I hit the lottery) I would NEVER be bored! I could make my soap and actually do it enough to see a pattern to how it works, I could clean my chicken coop, play with the horses, work on my knitting or fleece or quilt, I would take up my stained glass again.

So many things that I want to do and so much time spent at work. :(

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Hear, hear! I agree.....I would give just about anything to stay at home and never go out my door unless I wanted to do so. It's the very thought that I have to go that kills me so. :(

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I stay home 24/7 pretty much, but with two kids I hardly have time to finish cleaning the dern house :rolleyes:

I do work, but from home and I work 5 hours a day M-Thur. My Fridays are my main house cleaning days, to make it nice for the weekend when hubby is home.

I need to get back into my sewing and knitting, I actually just bought some lovely cozy fleece/toweling stuff like for a bathrobe, but I'm going to make a cover for my hot water bottle when it gets here. :celebrate I could have bought a cover for $16-$20 but bought a whole yard for $8 (fancy stuff) I wanted to have enough to make a few covers, as the only dern color they had in this stuff was white. :th

Anyhoo........................ another thing I signed up for was Netflix, I mostly just get TV shows, and then now and then a Movie, I generally don't have tim eto sit and watch a whole movie, but a TV show I can sit for 45 minutes and watch an episode.

kimnkell

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have to say that I am very Thankful for my Hubby and I both to get to stay at home all the time. We are fortunate enough to have our own internet business which makes it a very fun and flexible life for us and our children. We can choose our own hours and take breaks when we want. If we wanna go fishing we can or if we just wanna be plain lazy for the day we do just that. We worked really hard to get all of our bills paid in full and we have done just that except for one bill that will be paid off Next May. Woo,Hoo !! We plan on actually being retired then. I will be 41 and Hubby will be 49 years old. Not to bad to get to retire;) Even though we life this very flexible lifestyle , it still seems as if I never have enough time to all the things that I would like to do. I am never ever bored though,,, I guess I just have too many things I like to do. I am always playing with the animals on the farm, cooking, canning , sewing, working in my flowers, or scrapbooking...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
How heavenly, Kim! What a nice thought to be able to retire so young. :) Every person's dream...besides winning the lottery, that is! :p

Latest posts