Scenario

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm in Tuscaloosa, orginally from Boaz :) odenville is sort of close to Trussville isn't it? Or I see an exit for it there off the interstate on my way home

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
OK, no idea where that is in Alabama, but I have family in Silverhill Alabama, down by Roberstdale....

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
were just a tad north of robertsdale like 3 hours :lol: im just about 50 miles NE of birmingham and tuscaloosa is about 60 or 70 miles (guessing) west of birmingham

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I might actually invite in-laws to live with us if it got to that point. :barnie

I'd share what I have with family and friends, but they would need to dig in and help produce more food and protect what we have.

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yahh thats about how far it is to B'ham from here. Lol the reason I thought of this scenario was because Tuscaloosa is full of college kids, and I just wanted some ideas of how to protect my food when I get my house in the country. Only 2 more weeks till we get it (I hope) WOOHOOO!! Of course if something bad did happen I'd probably hightail it back to my parents because they have a ton of land and its in an area where most people still know how to provide for themselves.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
My secret wish was/is to own a thousand acres, have my homestead right smack in the middle, where no one could see it or find it from any major road, and have it completely fenced off!

Not like that will ever happen, but one can dream!

DH wants to move to Montana and build a ranch!

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I want the same thing, but with electrical wire in case anyone decided to come through the fence and some huge mastiffs roaming the place... and while we're dreaming, an nice big solar and wind powered house with a big closet full of expensive shoes.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
My secret wish was/is to own a thousand acres, have my homestead right smack in the middle, where no one could see it or find it from any major road, and have it completely fenced off!

I have the same dream...and it takes place in Montana also! :D

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Quail_Antwerp said:

I have the same dream...and it takes place in Montana also! :D
We have wanted to move to Montana forever!! and raise beef!

One of these years, we will do it!