Seed Saving Circle?

GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Might have brocolli seed. A few plants survived to the second yr so possibly there should be a good amt of seed . They flowered and there are tons of seed pods. We will see....

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have heirloom tomato, blackeyed pea, cantalope, collard greens. seeds.

flowerbug

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i'm always saving seeds... a few years ago i realized i had a large number of very old containers of seeds i'd picked up along the road, in the woods, various gardens, wild flowers and old packages of garden seeds people had given me and such. i took them all and mixed them in a container and took them out back and used them to replant a bare spot i'd taken the grass out of. not many of them did anything, most of the veggies were eaten by deer or rabbits, of all of that the only plants that remain now back there which i use are the dill. i was hoping fennel would go too, but it didn't.

this year i've collected some milkweed seeds and butterfly weed seeds. getting those from the fuzz is ... hahaha...

cosmo, columbines, zinnais, marigolds, ...

plenty of beans (i planted about 50 different varieties this year, going to have a lot of new ones i can tell already) and peas...

squash.

garlic (not seeds, but scapes or cloves to replant).

onions, bunching onions, etc...

i'm glad though that i found a new home for cowpeas that someone sent me that i've never planted - i'll be mailing those out sometime in the next week.

i'm trying hard to not get into what i was doing before which was just picking seeds without any idea if anyone wanted them or not. not many people want tulip seeds (it can take 3 to 7 years to get them to flowering sized bulbs)...