Self-sufficient/preparedness living--Where to start?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
so lucky said:
BarredBuff said:
I do know one thing, this what I want to do with my life. Raise animals and vegetables, and be self reliant. As far as a career, probably teaching. It pays okay, enough to maintain a homestead with extra to spend. As well as good hours. Get out for the summer, and get some time in the winter. But I am not committed to anything but I am probably gonna go this route.
with all the training you are getting, and have already, I can see you teaching ag or shop, teaching kids something they can really use. :)
Yeah I am an Ag prodigy. :lol: I could see me doing that , but it is more hours than regular teachers.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Oh, you'll probably do that, and other things.

I honestly never got through college. Somehow when I left for college I knew that it probably wouldn't work, but I did it anyway because it was what was expected, and seemed like the only option I really had. I'm now grateful for the experience, as hard as it was, because ultimately, it led me to where I am - happily in a relationship with my fiance (we've actually been together for 10 years, I moved in with him when I left school) and on a path to self sufficiency and our own farm. I have no doubt that I wouldn't be here if it weren't for those experiences.
I also work a full time job in a private Audiology practice. When I was in college and high school I didn't even know what Audiology was! LOL, but I enjoy it (for the most part), and find it to be fascinating and its money until I can make a change to be on our farm full time.
Somehow life has funny turns that we don't always expect for sure!

Latest posts