shortages

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Ahh, and a baking kitchen! How many times have I wanted to bake and had to clear off all the counters.
And storage lockers (rooms) with electricity in the shared building, because you can't fit canning supplies, food storage, and extra freezers in a tiny home. 😁

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Make the root cellar above ground earth sheltered. It works well enough. I've seen quonset hut type storage buildings that are earth sheltered on a few farms. Helps in the hot summer.

The Army had 900+ concrete, earth sheltered storage buildings out at the Chemical weapons depot where my parents live because the things maintained temps. They were nicknamed igloos because of the shape. It was built after WW2. Could see them as you drove past on the highway.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Goldfish! There is a shortage of goldfish crackers. My youngest wanted some for her school snack, I literally grabbed the last bag

we found some bags of chocolate animal crackers and those are close enough to chocolate graham crackers that they'll do. for about 2/3rds the price. we snagged a few bags so we could give one to my brother. i'm not sure if he'll like them or not. if not we'll get them back or he can pass them along to someone else.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Heard on news ... Baby formula. Since no babes, not something I'd notice.

Oh, I love the chocolate Stauffers animal crackers. :drool. But only occasional buy.

My grand parents lived in WV, in the hills. So one directly behind house. They had dug into it. Framed in that section and added a roof, which was covered with excavated dirt. Shelves all along the walls for canned goods. Worked really well.