shortages

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like my battery operated tools for convenience sake. Like my cordless drill and pole saw. But the batteries give up the ghost to quick and don't have enough power to be of much real use. If I'm going to do any real work, I go for my gasoline powered, pneumatic or corded tools.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That surely represents a difficult period of change for people, but in the end a much better situation for the planet. Smaller population, less waste of resources, less pollution. It's honestly my hope that the planet will remain habitable through my children's lifespan.
Smaller population? Can you please explain to me how that is going to be accomplished?

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Smaller population? Can you please explain to me how that is going to be accomplished?
First, abortion (whether you are for it or against it the fact remains the same) has removed around 1/3 of my generation. That is 2,000 performed a day. All of those pregnancies would not have gone to term, or survived into adulthood, but still that is a huge population reduction.

There is also a large portion of childbearing-aged people who do not want children or will not start having children until later. The average marriage age is around thirty. In order to have a very large biological family waiting until thirty is not practical. There are some who could I guess, if they were super fertile, but it’s less likely.
The older population is dying and not being replaced.
The middle aged population has also been dying in the last three years. The wars as well, which only further decreases population.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When I was young, the trend was to only replace yourself, so a married couple would have two children. Zero population growth. I was 27 when my son was born, 31 when I had my daughter. Done.

People are ignorant of what real food is, preferring to grab something on the way home, or preparing processed foods at home. They are unhealthy, their children are unhealthy and they will have reduced lifespans. So you are correct in that @tortoise.

Abortion clinics always seem to be in poor parts of town……. Draw your own conclusions.