shortages

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had to get cold and flu OTC medicine for 15 year old yesterday. Many bare spots on the shelves.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I read that there's a shortage of kids cold meds due to "tripledemic" (RSV). I happened to get more children's ibuprofen and phenylephrine about a week before because DS7's lingering cold was going to his ears. Thankfully it cleared up.

I was able to get my generic sudafed. I'm still taking it daily for fatigue and faintness since the cold DS7 has. Its been a month, maybe more. We can't get rid of it.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Farm Babe asked me to take her to the store. I was shocked at the food prices and poor quality. Plus it seemed like every 2 or 3 isles we would pass someone who reeked of skunk weed 😜. I didn't feel safe in there and that was the reason Farm Babe asked me to take her. I will be going grocery shopping with Farm Babe from now on.

Probably better to take a shopping buddy if you can, just saying...

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm not shopping BUT am in stores working product. Prices are continuing to skyrocket and not near stopping. The products I bought early are mostly 50-100% more now. So, $ well spent. Meds are not shipping into stores as they once were....so once gone, it's a long wait for more.

The foods will become more expensive pretty quick as the stock is sold and weather affected crops won't be as plentiful to replace them. Prices up, again. Don't hoard but, buy things you see if you're low and use often.

Our gardens will be more valuable than ever this year. My canning 2022 is making me happy! I do miss the fresh goat milk but, kidding will start soon. Until then, I have some frozen...as well as cheese. My hens have supplied several households. Store prices doubled! All in all, I'm pretty happy with production on the farm this year. I'll tweak some efforts for 2023.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our gardens will be more valuable than ever this year. My canning 2022 is making me happy! I do miss the fresh goat milk but, kidding will start soon. Until then, I have some frozen...as well as cheese. My hens have supplied several households. Store prices doubled! All in all, I'm pretty happy with production on the farm this year. I'll tweak some efforts for 2023.

My wife and I had a discussion about how many thousands of dollars she canned in garden tomatoes this year.

2 store bought hot house tomatoes $2.98 😝
IMG_20221220_202601988.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸