shortages

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Shortage of Florida orange juice. Florida's Natural is no longer "not from concentrate"

Citrus has been struggling, this looks to be a long-term problem.

I realize people make mistakes and that not one us is perfect (expecially me). But the linked article would be more credible if mistakes were corrected.

That being said... I can't remember the last time we drank orange juice. It gives both my wife and I heartburn. Whole oranges, no heart burn. Home juiced whole oranges, no heartburn. But store bought orange juice, no matter the brand, heartburn. go figure...

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i don't drink orange juice after looking into how it is made and treated. will eat fresh oranges or tangerines once in a while and also like to eat limes here or there for some variety's sake.

have upped my vegetable and fruit eating and like how that is working out for my diet/body.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
i don't drink orange juice after looking into how it is made and treated. will eat fresh oranges or tangerines once in a while and also like to eat limes here or there for some variety's sake.

have upped my vegetable and fruit eating and like how that is working out for my diet/body.
I try and have an orange or mandarin once a day, but my try is based on supply. If we got em in the house, I'll eat one daily. If we have an over abundance (very rare) I'll juice them and have a small glass with breakfast.

Jesus is Lord a s Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
First thing the nutritionist told me when I went in to see what a diabetic should and should not eat is "No Juice". Eating fruit is ok but drinking fruit juice - even fresh squeeze - is a no go. So, now I eat fruit whenever I can, and I no longer have to buy orange juice. If DH wants orange juice for breakfast, he will have to buy it himself.
But, now I need to figure out what to do with the Cranberry Juice that I have canned and is sitting on the shelf, lol.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
First thing the nutritionist told me when I went in to see what a diabetic should and should not eat is "No Juice". Eating fruit is ok but drinking fruit juice - even fresh squeeze - is a no go. So, now I eat fruit whenever I can, and I no longer have to buy orange juice. If DH wants orange juice for breakfast, he will have to buy it himself.
But, now I need to figure out what to do with the Cranberry Juice that I have canned and is sitting on the shelf, lol.
can you make it into jello or jelly and eat it or is it still not approved?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

gradually use it up in cooking, probably could be used in sauces and soups, a little at a time, or if you don't want to do that give it away or feed it to a garden.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I keep a jar of 100% unsweetened cranberry juice on my shelf in case of SHTF + UTI. :hu