shortages

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Exactly why I reuse lids. Exactly why I reuse Rago and Prego jars, among others. Stuff happens.
I have Tattler lids but I somehow don’t have the hang of them. They haven’t sealed as well as disposable lids. I keep hoping someone will tell me what I am doing wrong.
I have heard to use a Tattler ring with a reused metal lid. I haven't tried it yet.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I don’t know why. It comes with a plastic lid and the others eventually will rust. I guess the problem I have is the disposable lids have seals attached to it and the Tattler lids you just put everything in place and pray the seals take.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My wife snapped this at Kroger yesterday, on the same day as the sell by date 😲

View attachment 17723

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
That is insane. Glad I got beef packed in the freezer. Guess I’d better find my new farm so I can get back in the swing of things. I got family to feed.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
New shortage alert- I can’t find premie diapers 😭. I’m sort of panicked.
Also I can’t find quite a few of my favorite liquors. Tragedy.
Also- raw dog food! I can only have it shipped to me now. 😕
Edit: also those little baggies I freeze my milk in.
Find washable diapers. They make some that fit premies. It will save you a ton and no shortages! If you can’t find the nice ones you can always go super old fashioned and get just the fabric squares and baby pins, it will work in a pinch. Just remember to hang to dry in the sun as much as possible to get rid of stains.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
For everyone who cans with reused jars, have you guys tried canning wax with it? I’m always a little iffy on those seals, wondered if the wax would help.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I tried cloth diapering with my youngest and his skin did not appreciate it. Works great for some people, not others. Did you check online, or just in stores? I just looked and Walmart and Amazon both have them available for shipping.
I just looked in-stores.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've heard a rumor that Ball canning lids will be in stock April 2022. They've had some manufacturing problems. I heard this rumor in a canning group but have not been able to find any evidence. I haven't bothered to call Ball.

at least two local stores have supplies now, but i've not checked prices closely. we're not really needing too much of anything this year yet. i'll keep an eye out for sales and extras we might find useful.