shortages

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I agree with that. And usually it’s not a huge deal. But when it comes to baby stuff, especially formula, I want to get the same brand every time. I still haven’t decided which formula I want to go with. Honestly the entire thought of it makes me want to cry.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I agree with that. And usually it’s not a huge deal. But when it comes to baby stuff, especially formula, I want to get the same brand every time. I still haven’t decided which formula I want to go with. Honestly the entire thought of it makes me want to cry.
Just check the ingredients-I remember wanting to get some as a back up for youngest "just in case". I had wanted soy--that was all the rage back then but most of them the 1st ingredient was corn syrup! Can you imagine!? I just ended up pumping as much extra after she ate that I could and freezing it, we did just fine. But if you do need some as extra, just read the labels :)

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just check the ingredients-I remember wanting to get some as a back up for youngest "just in case". I had wanted soy--that was all the rage back then but most of them the 1st ingredient was corn syrup! Can you imagine!? I just ended up pumping as much extra after she ate that I could and freezing it, we did just fine. But if you do need some as extra, just read the labels :)
Exactly! All the sugar ☹️ It’s not that I need extra milk, I need extra calories. My milk is practically water at this point and they just aren’t gaining enough weight. So I figured I could mix the formula in with my milk? See how that goes 🤷

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Shortages - view from the road. Did the I-71 and I-65 corridors on our holiday trip. Way more tractor trailers than I recall from the same route in August. Surprisingly, lots of car carriers with brand new vehicles. The Kentucky Speedway parking lots that were used to store Ford pickups needing chips were completely empty.

Restaurants here and there were out of some ingredients, but I was told it was because the business was way more than they thought.

Stopped in a few places to pick up southern staples for the wife, no obvious empty shelves, canning supplies were well stocked. The only thing seemly in short supply was patience. 😀

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cat litter has been low supply. The snow didn't help with people wanting it for trsction. It made me shake my head and laugh because idiots were buying up all the clumping cat litter. That stuff turns to slime when wet and is slick all on it's own. I'm just glad my cats prefer to go outside so I don't go through a lot.

Still almost impossible to find oystershell. I just keep an eye out because I know a lot who need it.

Canning lids still not in stock. Jars are off and on.

Mostly it's low availability or variety. Prices are very much up.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Cat litter has been low supply. The snow didn't help with people wanting it for trsction. It made me shake my head and laugh because idiots were buying up all the clumping cat litter. That stuff turns to slime when wet and is slick all on it's own. I'm just glad my cats prefer to go outside so I don't go through a lot.

Still almost impossible to find oystershell. I just keep an eye out because I know a lot who need it.

Canning lids still not in stock. Jars are off and on.

Mostly it's low availability or variety. Prices are very much up.
agree with the canning lids--have been able to find some bands and lid combos but then what to do with the bands....