shortages

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So after church DSis and I are heading to the Dollar Tree to get all their shelf milk in cartons for hurricane season and/or possible shutdown. $1.25 a quart it’s not much more expensive than buying it from the cooler in gallon jugs and requires no refrigeration. Milk was a luxury after Ida.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was at Walmart today, I had to check out the beef. Now I'm thinking perhaps I shouldn't have 🙄. Chuck roast $6.97 a lb, New York Strip $11.97 a lb, ribeye $15.97 a lb and whole brisket $4.46 a lbs. The beef was scant also like less than 1/2 dozen to choose from except for burger there was lots of 80/20 burger.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Side note- I have two lactose intolerant kids so I don’t buy regular milk, but I looked on Walmart’s site and a gallon of store brand whole milk is currently $4.27 at my local store 😳

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Was just at a different dollar general. This one was fully stocked. Even the medicine isle was completely stocked, same with dairy coolers. So my conclusion is shortages are local, I see no other explanation... Unless product is in the back and no one is keeping up with stocking the shelves - IDK?

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Latest posts