shortages

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
i know, it's not like it's hard to make.
A couple years ago we found a pasta I could eat for 1$ a bag. I teased mom for stocking up like crazy. Glad she didn’t listen to me! We still eat rice more, even that had gotten a little hard to find though! Haven’t rice and beans pretty much been staples forever? Anyway, I can hopefully grow beans this year (they always get too much rain and rot, maybe I’ll figure out the trick this year) it would be great if they work this time!

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
A couple years ago we found a pasta I could eat for 1$ a bag. I teased mom for stocking up like crazy. Glad she didn’t listen to me! We still eat rice more, even that had gotten a little hard to find though! Haven’t rice and beans pretty much been staples forever? Anyway, I can hopefully grow beans this year (they always get too much rain and rot, maybe I’ll figure out the trick this year) it would be great if they work this time!
I wonder if you could grow in pots and then move them out of the rain? I grew shelling beans in pots and the ground last year and they both did really well

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our governor here is trying to force electric vehicals to have a mile tracker so they can road tax them. He's met some opposition, but most people believe if they are going to use the roads they need to help pay for them, too.

The gas tax is split between state, county, and city road boards. It's ny population I believe, but that's fine and Seattle can't claim it all like they try to do with other moneys. Considering they have been steadily replacing bridges that are failing this is good.

They need to replace the washed out road below mine that happened last month. I'm very tired of ours being the detour as we're a narrower and slower road. Some spots two vehicles can't pass. Aleast after the first couple weeks trucks stay off our road. It is not friendly for them to get to a main road. Tight close together curves to meet up with the road with a closed end and a 10% grade hill going the other way, plus another couple tight curves. Though the raised railroad track they have to go over at my end probably helped stop them. Hubby saw one get a low riding trailer stuck on it so he had to go to work the other way.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Our governor here is trying to force electric vehicals to have a mile tracker so they can road tax them. He's met some opposition, but most people believe if they are going to use the roads they need to help pay for them, too.

i see no problem with this as long as the taxes are about the same as what they would be for a petrochem car/truck. if you are using a road you should be somehow contributing to the upkeep just like anything else.

The gas tax is split between state, county, and city road boards. It's ny population I believe, but that's fine and Seattle can't claim it all like they try to do with other moneys. Considering they have been steadily replacing bridges that are failing this is good.

They need to replace the washed out road below mine that happened last month. I'm very tired of ours being the detour as we're a narrower and slower road. Some spots two vehicles can't pass. Aleast after the first couple weeks trucks stay off our road. It is not friendly for them to get to a main road. Tight close together curves to meet up with the road with a closed end and a 10% grade hill going the other way, plus another couple tight curves. Though the raised railroad track they have to go over at my end probably helped stop them. Hubby saw one get a low riding trailer stuck on it so he had to go to work the other way.

at least you had alternative routes. i almost bought a place that only had one road in or out and a bridge over a creek. glad i didn't buy the place as the next winter the road and bridge were washed out by a big storm - people even drowned driving into the river not knowing the bridge was out.