shortages

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Link only took me to the front of the store page. Reading the link I see it was supposed to go to some Beyond Meat product. They don't sell that well here. Even when people were wiping out the meat section, all the overprocessed fake meat was left.

I won't eat it. I have a rule that if it's not possible for me to make it myself at home, I try not to ever eat it, even on accident.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Link only took me to the front of the store page. Reading the link I see it was supposed to go to some Beyond Meat product. They don't sell that well here. Even when people were wiping out the meat section, all the overprocessed fake meat was left.

I won't eat it. I have a rule that if it's not possible for me to make it myself at home, I try not to ever eat it, even on accident.
All I can do is shake my head.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

isn't the primary ingredient pea meal or something like that? make some pea soup and call it good. :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Seems this fake meat came about as a way to provide a "meat experience" without animals as a way to make more and faster. Feed the millions! Way too much processing and why not just cook the peas, lentils, garbanzo, corn, mushrooms and stop all the chemicals and processing? Tastes different, sure. Being pushed as quantities can be made, transported, etc, faster and easier. Healthy??? 🤔

It's not on my grocery list.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Seems this fake meat came about as a way to provide a "meat experience" without animals as a way to make more and faster. Feed the millions! Way too much processing and why not just cook the peas, lentils, garbanzo, corn, mushrooms and stop all the chemicals and processing? Tastes different, sure. Being pushed as quantities can be made, transported, etc, faster and easier. Healthy??? 🤔

It's not on my grocery list.
No no, can’t do that. That would actually be helpful. And they definitely don’t want to help farmers feed the millions, like they’ve been doing, because why improve what you already have when you can build something else?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If you look at the food from countries with large amounts of vegetarians like India, the food is very good and tasty. Why can't that be a thing here? Why does it have to be processed food that mimics meat and tastes bleh.

I tried samples of vegetarian cheeses once when we lived in Virginia Beach. I did not have a good few hours. I avoid that.

I'll never be a vegetarian anyway. I have to eat red meat so often to get my iron as my body doesn't process non-heme iron. That actually was a nasty surprise back when I was around 20. There was a hospital stay involved because of female monthly issues and me needing a blood transfusion or 3. They put me on iron pills to help with the anemia. Kept upping the dose because it wasn't helping, then went looking for the problem. I didn't have the problem growing up because dinner always was meat (beef, deer, or elk), potatoes and veggies fixed in different ways. Left home and started getting some issues. Like not absorbing B vitamins very well either.