baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I gave $3.89 a gallon for diesel today. I saw prices as high as $4.39

3C043E59-FA32-443D-80CE-60E0D1367CF1.jpeg

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Diesel went from 4.45 to 4.75... Then today it went to 4.89.... this evening it jumped to 5.15 at the pilot station....
Gas went from 3.59 to 3.79... then this evening it went to 3.99.

One local station about 3 miles from me closed at around 8. They had not raised their prices before they closed. I went and filled the car; it was 1/2 full... and then came home, got the truck took 3 cans to fill with non-ethanol for the mower @ 4.17 and filled the almost full truck with about 2-3 more gallons. Tomorrow morning when they open you know they will go up to the 3.99 that all the other stations are at.

My DS said he filled the manure spreader truck yesterday evening and the one other truck there. Late evening it had gone up the $.10 so he filled the other truck. We had diesel delivered today and he had them fill the fuel tanks at the barn and both tractors he parked right there since they each take over 40 gallons to fill... I think he said we got over 600 gallons.... don't know if he got a ticket yet... BUT ... regardless of what it cost... just think if he waited and got it delivered tomorrow after just a $.20 / gallon increase... that it would cost ANOTHER $120....

I am not trying to be negative... but everyone that has animals to get rid of, do so ASAP.... this fuel costs will drive all the prices down on livestock because feed costs are going to go through the roof even before the new crops are planted and there are going to be reduced yields with reduced fertilizer put out... and if it gets too high, there will be reduced acreage planted.

I sat at the stockyards and was relieved to see prices were holding.... but that was before this last jump in fuel prices this evening. I wish we had sold today instead of the plans to sell next friday....

One of the reasons I think the fuel prices are jumping is there is talk to quit buying Russian oil....which will put us into a real shortage... and to maybe buy from Iran..... REALLY.... a country that hates our guts and chants DEATH TO AMERICA... and is trying to fund getting their nuclear weapons up and going...
Is this administration totally stupid or clueless or WHAT???? One thing, these continuing price increases and the shortages and all, will bury the Democratic party now....
How has your life changed in the last year....????For the better??? For the worse???

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Not to mention the fact that we have enough oil here to supply us for the next 100 years, but the government shut down the operation when the oil reserve was discovered. Besides the fact they also shut down the Keystone pipeline.
Its all been planned. Food shortages to come, digital currency so they can control what you can and cant buy, mass starvation due to lower yields. Some farmland, not just here, but in other countries, is being laid fallow and the farmers arent being allowed to plant.
Shipping is being affected which increases shipping costs. Stock up now before hyperinflation hits.

Reneefolsom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Not to mention the fact that we have enough oil here to supply us for the next 100 years, but the government shut down the operation when the oil reserve was discovered. Besides the fact they also shut down the Keystone pipeline.
Its all been planned. Food shortages to come, digital currency so they can control what you can and cant buy, mass starvation due to lower yields. Some farmland, not just here, but in other countries, is being laid fallow and the farmers arent being allowed to plant.
Shipping is being affected which increases shipping costs. Stock up now before hyperinflation hits.
I totally agree with you. It's about control

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A news report says Russian crude supplies only 3-4% of our current purchases. That's not enough to create this gouge!! WTH we have more than that just sitting!! Yes. Several years worth. Our current made gas is NOT using new price crude. Again, we are seeing pure gouging.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the government has zero motivation to plan to starve us all to death. They wouldn’t survive long without us paying their salaries🤣

Well gee whiz - Covid didn't kill all of us so now they're going to starve us to death, lol!

No doubt things aren't good right now and all of us are on this forum for a lot of the same reasons. I will be cutting the animal numbers but I would be even without the rising feed prices. I will be gardening - but I would be anyway despite rising grocery prices. It's what I do.

It's so easy to believe all the theories - but I choose not to go there. It won't change how I live my life at this point so why drive myself crazy over it? :hu Just a personal choice.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
A news report says Russian crude supplies only 3-4% of our current purchases. That's not enough to create this gouge!! WTH we have more than that just sitting!! Yes. Several years worth. Our current made gas is NOT using new price crude. Again, we are seeing pure gouging.

I was about to type that high prices are not from the U.S. losing oil supply from Russia.

Global oil prices have been rising for a while now, from market rebound and various natural and political reasons. Supply has been lowish and the amount (globally) arent buying from Russia can't be made up quickly/easily elsewhere. Supply and demand.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well gee whiz - Covid didn't kill all of us so now they're going to starve us to death, lol!

No doubt things aren't good right now and all of us are on this forum for a lot of the same reasons. I will be cutting the animal numbers but I would be even without the rising feed prices. I will be gardening - but I would be anyway despite rising grocery prices. It's what I do.

It's so easy to believe all the theories - but I choose not to go there. It won't change how I live my life at this point so why drive myself crazy over it? :hu Just a personal choice.

yep. while i'm not happy that people are getting stressed out over things i'm sure not going there myself.

the thing with a capitalist system is that when everyone starts buying then prices are going to go up. that's just how it works. if y'all stopped buying then the prices would go down.

for the short term it will be messy, but it should even out as the higher prices will encourage more production.