shortages

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about replacing meat. I get pissed about how animals are treated in the factory farms, and it seems most people are apathetic about it. For that reason alone this is a good idea, but for those who care about their animals raised for meat, or the responsible hunter, this sucks.

Then if killing an animal for food will be considered murder, what about those who torture animals for "fun", and are charged, and only given a slap on the wrist? I wonder if those laws will be changed too, like they should be IMO.
I agree with all of this ^^

We are good hunters/fishers and never shoot unless we are going to eat it and never take more than what we need.

Also, I can tell you my chickens are LOVED beyond belief--they are held, talked to and appreciated. I would be sad if I didn't have them, as they are a huge social piece of my life (sad but true) and I am thankful daily for their eggs.

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I agree with all of this ^^

We are good hunters/fishers and never shoot unless we are going to eat it and never take more than what we need.

Also, I can tell you my chickens are LOVED beyond belief--they are held, talked to and appreciated. I would be sad if I didn't have them, as they are a huge social piece of my life (sad but true) and I am thankful daily for their eggs.
You should still be able to keep chickens, as long as you don't butcher them. We've raised and butchered chickens, and while the meat is the best choice, I hated to betray the ones who always trusted me.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
View attachment 16753This is all Bill Gates funded “synthetic meat” & lab “plant based protein” that is on the Oregon ballot to legally replace all real meat. This is not vegan or vegetarian made from vegis. This is lab grown Petri dish vats of cells that are being multiplied and sold to totally replace real animal meat by Feb 2022 if the ballot passes in Nov in Oregon making all real animal meat consumption, farming, ranching, fishing or hunting illegal if you kill the animal to feed your family or run a business based on it. It will literally be a murder charge and also will close down most of our entire state industries and food sources. The photos are our local Fred Meyers which already has a 4’ section of it. I'm afraid it's gonna pass, since Oregon gerrymandered all the districts this year to make sure that "red" counties will NOT be able to make any difference in the vote.

This is just the beginning. Once Oregon passes this, I can guarantee you will be seeing laws like this throughout the rest of the country.
Like anyone would "trust" lab grown "meat". It's not even officially meat. Like you said "This is lab grown Petri dish vats of cells that are being multiplied and sold to totally replace real animal meat by Feb 2022".

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm still noticing the most random items have shortages. Babybel cheese is out. It has been about noted in the USA for about a month and now affects my region. I don't know if there are other issues beside their labor problem

I had bought it because DS6 will actually eat it for school lunch. He is homeschooled now due to COVID so it doesn't affect us. Internet says that Gouda and Edam cheese are similar in flavor and texture. I prefer less-packaged foods so when he returns to school I'll cut some cubes of cheese and see if he will eat it.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You should still be able to keep chickens, as long as you don't butcher them. We've raised and butchered chickens, and while the meat is the best choice, I hated to betray the ones who always trusted me.
Sorry @JanetMarie but the law also explicitly states that you may not eat eggs either, since they are "baby animals". Dairy is also verboten. All domestic animals, including pets, are "slaves" and that will also be illegal.
I'm not sure what will be done about "pets" but I fear that they will be required to be destroyed.

Last edited:

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
One day we will be butchering though, chickens, rabbits and more I hope. But I understand what you are saying

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sorry @JanetMarie but the law also explicitly states that you may not eat eggs either, since they are "baby animals". Dairy is also verboten. All domestic animals, including pets, are "slaves" and that will also be illegal.
So basically have everyone become vegan....

and the comment about the domestic animals--they need to come to my house because our dog and cat rule the roost--I swear WE move for THEM :ep

But in all seriousness, what happens to all the animals then? If no domestic animals even do all the animals then run free?

Sorry to the OP if this is way off topic too--but this would circle back to shortages in a way that the vegetable and fruit consumption would be a significant increase and how would the farmers deal with the new demand need I wonder?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
View attachment 16753This is all Bill Gates funded “synthetic meat” & lab “plant based protein” that is on the Oregon ballot to legally replace all real meat. This is not vegan or vegetarian made from vegis. This is lab grown Petri dish vats of cells that are being multiplied and sold to totally replace real animal meat by Feb 2022 if the ballot passes in Nov in Oregon making all real animal meat consumption, farming, ranching, fishing or hunting illegal if you kill the animal to feed your family or run a business based on it. It will literally be a murder charge and also will close down most of our entire state industries and food sources. The photos are our local Fred Meyers which already has a 4’ section of it. I'm afraid it's gonna pass, since Oregon gerrymandered all the districts this year to make sure that "red" counties will NOT be able to make any difference in the vote.

This is just the beginning. Once Oregon passes this, I can guarantee you will be seeing laws like this throughout the rest of the country.

i doubt it will be passed. there's way too many people who want to eat meat, hunt, fish, farm, etc.

as of yet have they enough signatures to get it on the ballot?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm still noticing the most random items have shortages. Babybel cheese is out. It has been about noted in the USA for about a month and now affects my region. I don't know if there are other issues beside their labor problem

not hard to imagine that people don't want to work the 3rd shift. it pretty much ruins your social life and isn't something that most people would want to do. i did it for about 10 months some years ago as a second full-time job on top of the part-time librarian job i was doing. due to the really poor work environment there after that time i decided it was too much and went back to just working the one part-time librarian job.