shortages

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
this creep didn't have children. there is a reasonable way to treat a limited planet with a declining environment and having a lot more children isn't one of them.
I don't mean creeps like you. :lol: I mean creeps whose idea of population reduction is for people to die. If that is what those creeps believe, they need to be first.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I shopped a big part of the day for fencing, I went everywhere. Rural King, Tractor Supply, numerous small farm stores. Finally at the last Rural King and almost 70 miles away from home at around 8:00 PM, I found the fence I wanted and they had exactly 6 rolls of 330' left, that's exactly what I needed. Chris who was the loader at the store was awesome. I said is this all the fencing you have he scratched his head and said we have a pallet in the warehouse that's been sitting the for several years, let me show you. Wouldn't you know it... that was exactly the fence I was looking for. I asked why isn't it outside with the rest of the fencing? He said I don't know, probably set aside for an employee or customer that never picked it up. It was tagged and priced at almost 1/2 of what I was expecting to pay. So I ended up with the fence I wanted, at almost half of what I expected to pay. If this isn't Mathew 7:7 in action, then I simply don't know what is.

When I went through the check out, I seen the manager and I said you're loader Chris is a good guy, very helpful and kind. She got on the radio and said "we just got a shout-out for Chris, by a pleased customer" Chris was all smiles when he was helping me load up the rolls. Come to find out he was being looked at for assistant manager and he said he was pretty sure he got it now. It's a position he really wanted.

The tags on my new fence say it was manufactured 6/24/2017 and the fence is dusty from being in the warehouse. But it comes with a 40 year warranty from the date of purchase from Bekaert.
Persistence, patience and my attitude most definitely made the diffence, I couldn't ask for any better. Besides someone named @baymule insisted this is the fence I needed ❤️

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Searching for fencing, I heard so much from store management today about product shortages and delays. And of people not wanting to work. Operating at 40% to 60% of normal number of employees seemed to be a common theme around here. I also noticed generally speaking, employees seemed to be older and more mature than what I've been used to.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’m done Christmas shopping and am finishing stocking up on first aid supplies and toiletries. Pretty well stocked on food, but we’d get bored of what we have pretty quickly. My main concern has been grain and dog food. My sheep can live without grain but not so much the pigs, and my inside dogs are small enough I could feed them people food but the amount of food I’d need for two 110+ lb dogs would be a lot. So, going to buy some more dog food too.

Not having any shipping issues here, everything seems to be arriving pretty quickly still.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter that was a tremendous find and buy on the fence!

I work at various stores of one of the dollar type chains. Have had them close stores for several hours, due to employee shortages! Government can say what they want but I'm out there and see what's happening. The stores often have late deliveries...no drivers? No warehouse loaders? Hiring signs everywhere! The $ going to some is just keeping them home. They don't need to work. That's why the old farts are out working ...one, it's there ethics, two they get no supplement for rising costs.

Mostly I buy local, occasionally by shipper. Most has come just fine and by UPS or USPS. Only my FedEx got lost! Big box....how do you lose 125#? They did and took over a week, plus several calls to get that admitted to! Hoping the next one arrives.