shortages

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
From wikipedia

Tang was used by early NASA crewed space flights.[9] In 1962, when Mercury astronaut John Glenn conducted eating experiments in orbit, Tang was selected for the menu;[2] it was also used during some Gemini flights, and has also been carried aboard numerous space shuttle missions. Although many soda companies sent specially-designed canned drinks into space with the crew of STS-51-F, the crew preferred to use Tang, as it could be mixed into existing water containers easily. In 2013, former NASA astronaut Buzz Aldrin said, "Tang sucks".[10]

:gig

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We couldn't afford Tang when I was a kid.

I don't know how much you're supposed to be able to make using the frozen orange juice, but I do know we mixed it in a gallon pitcher. It was generic brand and only bought on sale so we didn't get it often. Usually we had water. For dinner there was Flavoraid. One packet and a scoop of sugar in a gallon pitcher. I don't think I ever had full strength anything except milk growing up.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry, maybe I'm young. What in the world is tang?
Powdered imitation orange juice. Mixed with water, it was a real treat. I thought it was great. Just goes to show ya’ the kind of crap my momma fed us. I didn’t know steak came any other way except chicken fried to the consistency of shoe leather. I swear, we could’ve strapped mom’s chicken fried steak on the bottom of our shoes and walked on it for a year. I left home and discovered medium rare grilled steak…….. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE???

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Powdered imitation orange juice. Mixed with water, it was a real treat. I thought it was great. Just goes to show ya’ the kind of crap my momma fed us. I didn’t know steak came any other way except chicken fried to the consistency of shoe leather. I swear, we could’ve strapped mom’s chicken fried steak on the bottom of our shoes and walked on it for a year. I left home and discovered medium rare grilled steak…….. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE???

we were very happy when Mom eventually figured out that rare steaks and burgers were ok. unfortunately i won't do that now with most meat we get unless i get it from a certain butcher who i know does his own ground beef.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
since we were talking of spaghetti-o's... today i had a can of the store brand WW kind and wow were they sweet in comparison to the name brand ones. looked at the labels and compared added sugars. 10grams per can vs 18, yes you do notice the difference. i still ate them, just considered it the same as drinking a can of coke.

corn syrup is cheap.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
since we were talking of spaghetti-o's... today i had a can of the store brand WW kind and wow were they sweet in comparison to the name brand ones. looked at the labels and compared added sugars. 10grams per can vs 18, yes you do notice the difference. i still ate them, just considered it the same as drinking a can of coke.

corn syrup is cheap.
I gave that one the WOW emoji, but it really needs the vomit emoji. Can’t add emojis on my phone.

Latest posts