shortages

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
with ever increasing prices, our fight back is....don't buy anything you can do without! Talking clothes, appliances, etc.
^^^THIS! 😍 buy second hand if you cant do without! Dont support price gouging. Inflation is actually decreasing now.... but prices are still going up because companies have figured out that they can. :mad:.:mad:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yeah, it is yummy.

when i have coffee Mom will sometimes ask me if i'll have a little coffee with my milk and sugar. one reason why i'm not drinking morning coffee much the past few years is that i really don't need all those extra calories! i find them too easy as it is. :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I’m worried about the adopted and foster mothers out there. Most don’t know what to use for the littles if formula isn’t available.
Cow milk, seriously? I always thought babes couldn’t do cows milk. I’ll keep it for future reference.
Cow milk is typically lower in total fat than breastmilk but has higher saturated fat (and lower polyunsaturated fats, like omega-3 and DHA). It has more casein and of course it has lactose which can be problematic if a baby doesn't have the genetic mutation to be able to digest it. So it's definitely not ideal compared to goat milk (but goat milk is less available in stores). But, cows milk has those essential electrolytes - sodium, magnesium, potassium, calcium - so it's much safer than diluting formula with water. (Diluting with unflavored pedialyte would be prohibitively expensive.) Ideally, a person could dilute formula with whole milk that is from grassfed cows (which has significantly higher omega-3 content) or has added fish oil, but those are also quite expensive.

It's not ideal, it could cause GI upset and inadequate intake of polyunsaturated fats that are critical for brain development. But it's less likely to kill or cause malnourishment (or fluoride overdose).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/04/30/baby-dies-water-toxicity/26670583/

Latest posts