shortages

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The wife and I just had a weird conversation. Taking about tomatoes. She pointed out I made a bunch of salsa, minced garlic, pickled peppers, etc., that are just condiments.
I've thought the same thing about condiments. My pantry is full of all kinds of sauces, salsas, barbeque sauce, horseradish sauce, mustard, many kinds of hot pepper sauces... I would hate to think I had spent my last dollar on Grey Poupon when I shoulda bought a bag of beans, lol!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
scored 22lbs of various packages of beans yesterday - some friends had overshopped and one of them doesn't like beans as much as they've bought. works out very well for us! :) and also for me as i could really use some lentils and 6lbs of those will hold me for a year or two.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I prefer my veggies to be frozen, but canned corn is fine. I can handle canned green beans and lima beans but don't care for canned peas.

i can eat about anything if i'm hungry enough, canned peas would be down the list quite a ways, canned green beans and lima beans are fine. the problem with many canned items if they're commercially done is too much salt. frozen foods seem to not have any salt or much less. i like frozen veggies of almost all kinds. i even like eating them while they're still frozen - especially this time of the year... :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just got done placing my order for tomorrow.

Yeah. Does anyone know the contact information for canners anonymous?

Told the wife when the jars are full, we're done for this season

We are not buying more jars
No more jars? 😅 Look at it this way FJ, there are a lot worse things one could be addicted to. If you quit cold turkey, what will you do with all the extra time?

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No more jars? 😅 Look at it this way FJ, there are a lot worse things one could be addicted to. If you quit cold turkey, what will you do with all the extra time?

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Can up the cold turkey he would then have obviously