shortages

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love pumpkin pie for breakfast. But trying to behave and wind down on the yummy stuff. I need to lose some winter hibernation pounds. Been making my list, switching to no/low carbs. Meat and vegetables and no sweets. Sugar is my downfall.

yes, same here. gotta keep things in line. doing good so far just have to hold on a bit longer. :)

Mom made bread last week and i've been eating a bit too much of that so the past few days are nono days. apples and peanut butter for breakfast. dinner will be bacon crumbles and tomatoes with some miracle whip and my snack will be a square of chocolate. if i stick to this i should be ok. it's the rest of the junk that calls to me...

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Blueberry baked oats this time.
IMG_20230131_143758758~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So another layer chicken barn fire ... 100,000 birds. 😞
Mexico doesn't want to buy our GMO corn. Maybe feed price can drop...more available at lower price?

So far, MY winter is mild, maybe an early garden. :idunno

Goats kidding...milk supply back. :clap

Our state dropped food sales taxes. Every bit helps. They also declined allowing some manufacturing to build here because of Chinese backing/ownership. Fla stopped some farmland sales, same reason. We don't need CHina buying USA.

Lists of available, pricing, delivery $$ keeps increasing. Keep up growing ang preserving your own food supplies! 😊

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
So with the ice storm canceling flights and not being able to ship, Meyer hatchery here in Ohio had a peep flash sale today, in store only. Discounted deeply. Sold some ridiculous number of chicks in just 4 hours, selling out. Go Ohio!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
So with the ice storm canceling flights and not being able to ship, Meyer hatchery here in Ohio had a peep flash sale today, in store only. Discounted deeply. Sold some ridiculous number of chicks in just 4 hours, selling out. Go Ohio!
I don't have a firm number, I saw one post saying they had 7,000. Facebook posts by customers that were taking a dozen or more. The chicks were not sorted by breed, but I thought I saw they were females

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Mexico doesn't want to buy our GMO corn. Maybe feed price can drop...more available at lower price?

doubt it but we'll see. but realistically Mexico should never allow any USoA corn in because they have native varieties that i'd hope are not lost.

So far, MY winter is mild, maybe an early garden. :idunno

good luck! :)

Goats kidding...milk supply back. :clap

Mmmmm! Lucky you! :) but yeah, i also know it is because of all your work, planning, efforts, etc.