SHTF Hygiene

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ok, I guess I had to ask. I was kinda thinking kids.

I know I haven't had privacy in the bathroom in years either. But for the most part I don't remember the potty seat getting used by a tagalong. These days it's just the cats. If I ever make it into the bathroom alone, I wonder what's wrong with the female.

She has to come in when I shower too. She sits outside and looks at me disgustedly. She can't understand why I would willingly get wet. But when I step out she usually INSISTS on drying my ankles for me.

I still have this odd mental image of three adults sitting side by side. Drinking coffee, discussing the day's chores. Weird. :hu

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yup, we always went more than one at a time to the outhouse...esp when it was time to leave and mom told us all we'd better go before we get in the car:>) Two or three holes is good, and in the middle of the night when you wake up your sister to go out there with you...you can bet that more often than not she has to go too:>)

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We kept a pot behind a door in the house for nighttime and times of deep snow. I'd probably have had trouble going into that dark spidery place alone as a kid!

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I remember seeing ... someplace ... a room with places for 15 or 20 :lol: It was Roman ... might have been Pompeii, or even Bath, in England. I don't remember anymore if I actually was there, or just saw a picture. Anyway, I seem to think that yes, the Romans did like to hang out and exchange the daily news while they were ... hmmm ... sitting :D.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
ORChick said:
I remember seeing ... someplace ... a room with places for 15 or 20 :lol: It was Roman ... might have been Pompeii, or even Bath, in England. I don't remember anymore if I actually was there, or just saw a picture. Anyway, I seem to think that yes, the Romans did like to hang out and exchange the daily news while they were ... hmmm ... sitting :D.
I wonder if they had a coach... :gig :gig

"All together now, on 3..."

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Shiloh Acres said:
These days it's just the cats. If I ever make it into the bathroom alone, I wonder what's wrong with the female.

She has to come in when I shower too. She sits outside and looks at me disgustedly. She can't understand why I would willingly get wet. But when I step out she usually INSISTS on drying my ankles for me.
OMG my dog does that, she'll come into the bathroom and look at me with big sad eyes that say "what did you roll in?" then she'll sprawl on the mat so I've nowhere to get out.... and she'll lick my legs. :lol:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
Shiloh Acres said:
These days it's just the cats. If I ever make it into the bathroom alone, I wonder what's wrong with the female.

OMG my dog does that, she'll come into the bathroom and look at me with big sad eyes that say "what did you roll in?" then she'll sprawl on the mat so I've nowhere to get out.... and she'll lick my legs. :lol:
Amateurs. Try two dogs and two cats....and don't even THINK about closing the bathroom door or it will be shredded! It was quite challenging when we had extra people living in the house for a while last winter/spring...I had to let all the critters in and close them in with me. Heaven forbid if someone was around the corner and didn't make it through the door in time. It was like Indiana Jones everytime I had to pee.... :rolleyes:

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Wildsky said:
Shiloh Acres said:

Amateurs. Try two dogs and two cats....and don't even THINK about closing the bathroom door or it will be shredded! It was quite challenging when we had extra people living in the house for a while last winter/spring...I had to let all the critters in and close them in with me. Heaven forbid if someone was around the corner and didn't make it through the door in time. It was like Indiana Jones everytime I had to pee.... :rolleyes:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :yuckyuck

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
freemotion said:
Wildsky said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :yuckyuck
LOLOLOL!!!

Y'all both made me laugh. I can just picture it. (And on the heels of imagining the Romans with their coach!)
:lol::gig

Old Sew'n'Sew

All Strings Considered
Reaction score
:lol:
When I bought this place back in 1984, there was an outhouse in the backyard. Fully functional three seater with aluminum siding AND electricity!
My family had a 2 seater with wall to wall carpet, magazine rack and thermometer pictures on the wall, skylight, painted inside, etc.

If you live in the country with no restrictions, why not??? :lol: