SHTF Hygiene

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
When I bought this place back in 1984, there was an outhouse in the backyard. Fully functional three seater with aluminum siding AND electricity! :D There is some history that connects my property the neighbors place and the privy was a part of the story. I used that old sh!tthouse, mostly in the summer, until about 3 years ago. The foundation started to crumble(concrete blocks!) and the floor started going bad. A bad floor is a terrible thing in an outhouse! :gig
I gave it to my buddy and we moved it to his place. He repaired the floor and set it on a new foundation back near a cabin he had built on his farm. He uses it from time to time when he is working the "back forty"

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
One of the best sanitizers/disinfectants is.....

SUNSHINE!

So obviously if TSHTF, you just need to spend more time outdoors naked.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:

SUNSHINE!

:yuckyuck

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:

SUNSHINE!

:gig :gig :gig you first! In JANUARY. :gig :gig

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Colorado in January can get in the 60's. If you stay out of the wind.....you can catch some rays and not get frost bite :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
frostbite will kill some germs I am sure
:p

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
When I bought this place back in 1984, there was an outhouse in the backyard. Fully functional three seater with aluminum siding AND electricity! :D
LOL at the aluminum siding and electricity!!!

I have a Q that has always puzzled me. We once moved to an old farmhouse with a regular outhouse, which we used for years, and a 3-seater, which my mother said was "full" so we never used it. The three seater was nicer and newer though.

But it's had me wondering most of my life ... Did people actually make going to the toilet a communal event? I just can't imagine sharing morning news over ... Well, that!

Whaddaya think?

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Shiloh Acres said:
But it's had me wondering most of my life ... Did people actually make going to the toilet a communal event? I just can't imagine sharing morning news over ... Well, that!

Whaddaya think?
Well I can't go to the bathroom alone when the kids are around - I swear they think I'm hiding in there eating chocolate or candy :rolleyes: It is getting easier to find some peace and quiet in there as they get older, but when they were little - NO WAY.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i have a constant chorus of meowing and paws under the door. i'm never alone either. apparently the inside cats think i've got all the catnip in there...or some kind of secret meeting.

but i guess the triple wide would be good to get all the kids lined up at once!???? might save a few trips outside at nite?
;-)

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I had 5 older sisters and a younger brother and with mom and dad- that is 9--only one bathroom! If you didn't go with someone else in the room you didn't get to go!:lol: Sheesh-- my little brother had to tinkle outside!:gig
At my Aunt and Uncles sugar shack that outdoor privy had two holes too and a big old broom to knock down the spiders with! us girls often went there together.