Signs of spring in your area?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
In the mountains that is the first sign of summer! :lol: That and freshly mown hay. Our lawns don't grow as quickly as other parts of the world....

This year, there won't be any mowing sounds coming from my lawn....just the silence of the lambs! :gig :lol: :cool:

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Spring peepers definitely sing in our neck of the woods! And I love the melody! :)
Ahh, Bee. Spring peepers are one of my most favorite sounds, ever. I'm a light sleeper and many noises keep me awake or wake me up. But, those little frogs sure can sing me to sleep.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
punkin said:
Beekissed said:
Spring peepers definitely sing in our neck of the woods! And I love the melody! :)
Ahh, Bee. Spring peepers are one of my most favorite sounds, ever. I'm a light sleeper and many noises keep me awake or wake me up. But, those little frogs sure can sing me to sleep.
I'm with you punkin. Can't wait to hear those peepers!!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
My tulips are up about 4", daffodils are blooming, red maple buds are showing, and my forsythia is blooming.

The garden has been cut up a couple of times, my dad has his potatoes planted and my seedlings are coming up in the greenhouse.

I've saw early season plants in the store are gardening items are once again moved to the front isles.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Um, the snow (about a foot) that fell Monday has melted off the roads alread? Does that count? :rolleyes:

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Bah, humbug! :somad Spring is nothing but a rumor around here.

Okay--my signs of spring:

1. There is a bit less salt and sand on the roads.
2. I can see some dirt now, not just snow. The dirt is frozen.
3. The ice is dehydrating on the edges of hte sidewalks, roads and fields.
4. I heard some different birdsong yesterday.
5. Stores are starting to carry seeds, but they have been since Jan so it doesn't really count.
6. Me and my kids are getting seriously sick of winter!!!! Like desperately sick of it!!! That means it's just about time to be spring. Supposed to be in the 40s for a day or 2 this week. Yay!
7. Even my chickens are getting desperate. Every time I go to get eggs they scurry outside, even if to just peck and snow and ice.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
You guys are fun to read :)

I never knew that frogs were called peepers. For the first time in my life I life with a bounty of frogs and I love to listen to them...on nights when they are really making a ruckus I like to sleep with the windows open.

We have freshly mowed lawns year round here, so for me the first sign of spring is the wildflowers beginning to bloom...which they are!

Latest posts