Signs of spring in your area?

Sebrightmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My crocuses started blooms three days ago. My daffodils are coming up and I can see that some of them will be blooming soon. I just love spring. It is 59 here right now. I just hope it doesn't get really cold again.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
We tend to get teased with a good dose of pseudo-spring before spring actually decides to settle in. I try to not get too excited until things pick up momentum. :hide

It is March. For us that means nice days sandwiched between cool and wet and often windy stretches. My daffodil foliage is starting to get tall, but my ducks tend to walk all over them, so I'm withholding any emotional attachment.

I'll be getting my spring excitement on when the hummingbirds arrive . . . that usually means spring is just about sprung here.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Nothing blooming here yet....however...today was a beautifull 60+ degrees. It was the winds that made it slightly uncomfortable. I covered my ears, and went for a walk..with Kiki and Chubs following. I spied my FIRST sign of spring!
These are the paper whites that grow crazy in the front thicket.
99_paperwhites09.jpg

ALMOST THERE!!!! :p

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I swatted a wasp in my greenhouse today :rolleyes: and a little spider ran across my hand towel up there.

The bluebirds are fighting over the bluebird boxes.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I went out to let the dogs out...just a simple " open the door and shut it quickly against the cold" routine....but I stopped.....and listened...and I couldnt believe it....WE GOT PEEPERS!! Woohoo! I just love listening to them. DH isnt "in love" with them. I just stood on the back porch....out of the "40 mph breeze" and listened..and sniffed the air. Ahhhhhhh, spring is coming...and I AM READY!!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We went down to Superstition Mountain OHV area last weekend. It's about as far south as you can go without ending up in Mexico. I think the furthest south I have ever been. At one point we could see the border fence. We could tell spring is coming because the desert flowers are in bloom.
333_img_0327.jpg
333_img_0333.jpg

333_img_0330.jpg

I also direct seeded my garden about a week ago and already have sprouts.
Yeah!!:weee

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Does this count? I was sitting on my front porch having a coffee this morning, and noticed two pigeons. Having pigeons in the area is not odd, but I noticed that they were doing a bit of a mating dance, and then they mated. I also noticed two mourning doves, who typically are not here in the winter.

Still waiting for the robins, but they should be here soon.

onebuggirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am hearing robins singing thier mating songs, I hear woodpeckers drumming thier mating songs, I see sandhill cranes flying over, I see tons of geese flying back and we are seeing less snow on the ground!

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bluebirds showed up to do some house-shopping today :)