SIMPLE White Sandwich Bread

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I'm glad you liked it. I use 1 1/2 tsp of yeast. If you use hwole wheat bread, sometimes it helps to add extra gluten. If white, then you shouldn't need it. I do know your flour in the states is different than ours here, so I am not sure about self rising flour. But it should double in size before you bake it. It is light and fluffy, and great for sandwiches.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
I'm glad you liked it. I use 1 1/2 tsp of yeast. If you use hwole wheat bread, sometimes it helps to add extra gluten. If white, then you shouldn't need it. I do know your flour in the states is different than ours here, so I am not sure about self rising flour. But it should double in size before you bake it. It is light and fluffy, and great for sandwiches.
Thanks! It was mighty tasty with that fresh butter!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
nachoqtpie said:
Here is my favorite bread machine recipe! :D

2 3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup oil
1 tspn yeast
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tspn salt
1 1/8 cup water (or 1 cup + 2 Tbsp)

I mix it in the bread machine and then toss it in a pan let it rise and bake at 350 for 25 minutes

It's REALLY good!! I sometimes add things to it. Like, one time I put in whole garlic cloves at the final mix... sometimes raisins and cinnamon... It's a good base, and it's good by itself as well!
I made this one today, it came out great! We had sandwiches for dinner! Yippee! It was easy to slice, yummy and tasted like "sandwich" bread. Thank you.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Maybe I can make it tomorrow.

GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hey guys, man these recipes sound delicious. i do got a problem. i follow the bread maker recipe that i got but the bread always seems way to sweet, can there be to much yeast. im thinking of trying the recipes you guys put up just to compare, i feel the yeast is the problem, its a strange sweet taste in the bread, which can actually be kind of gross. lol..

thanks guys

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA said:
hey guys, man these recipes sound delicious. i do got a problem. i follow the bread maker recipe that i got but the bread always seems way to sweet, can there be to much yeast. im thinking of trying the recipes you guys put up just to compare, i feel the yeast is the problem, its a strange sweet taste in the bread, which can actually be kind of gross. lol..

thanks guys
I know nothing about bread but I would say its possible.........

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
You don'tneed to have sugar in bread. I have a sd recipe thast doesn't use any sweetener. nd it is awesome. try cutting downyour sugar in the regular recipe you use

nachoqtpie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The 2nd time the bread was WONDERFUL! I'm not sure that I like it more than my other bread tho. It does make 2 loaves tho... so I do like that.

nachoqtpie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
I made this one today, it came out great! We had sandwiches for dinner! Yippee! It was easy to slice, yummy and tasted like "sandwich" bread. Thank you.
I'm glad you like it! I keep trying new recipes and hubs is always saying "Why do you have to always change things???" :lol:

Like I said, that recipe is a great base OR stand alone.

I made some sandwiches and sent them to work with DH... lets see what the thinks of the bread :D