SKR8PN.... two small butts........

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
That's great :) I was raised by a Japanese father. We were required growing up to shovel the walks for any elderly and bring them hot food in the winter when we were snowed in!

So I highly approve.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Whoot!!! Good for you! Does Dixie know your plan is to bring her to your house? That would be very comforting to know someone is looking out for you.

Very good work!!!
She'd probably call me first to see if our power was out, and I'd tell her that ours was on(generator of course) and ask her if she had remembered to pay her electric bill! :gig
Her son lives out of town, knows we take care of her as much as possible. Dixie wouldn't have a problem with coming over here either....specially if her furnace wasn't running and her house was cold!! :D

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
My hubby had two twin Great Aunts that lived in a B.A.D. part of town. They were in their upper 80's and just would not move from their home. We used to worry about them living alone. You can only spend so much time checking on them.

Then the neighborhood started undergoing a kind of revival. Lots of the condos were being remodeled and the neighbors were getting better. They had a wonderful couple of guys that bought the condo next to theirs to remodel. Those guys REALLY cared for the old girls and they kept an eye on them for many years, like they were their sons. We were very blessed.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
..........man is it ever nice to be able to go to the greenhouse and pick fresh lettuce and tomato's..... :drool

394630020.jpg

394630019.jpg

It was 48 degrees out there in the greenhouse, and the outside temp is only 19 with no sunshine. :weee :weee

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That is pretty close to what ours stays at. It has not gotten below freezing yet and our lowest temp so far has been about 6 degrees outside and 35 inside. What are you heating with? We started with propane then went to wood. The wood does just as good and is a LOT cheaper. Unfortunately instead of lettuce and tomatoes, we have a momma goat in it who just can't handle the cold. :/