SKR8PN.... two small butts........

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
skr8pn are you SURE you're not a scientist!?!? wow all of this is so great! many many wonderful ideas. and a great use of the space also.

:)

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
-3 F here this morning
We must be having a tropical heat wave! It is all the way up to 12 degrees now!! :gig

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
skr8pn are you SURE you're not a scientist!?!? wow all of this is so great! many many wonderful ideas. and a great use of the space also.

:)
They tell me that I am so dumb, that I couldn't pour urine out of a boot if the instructions were written on the bottom!! :gig

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
They tell me that I am so dumb, that I couldn't pour urine out of a boot if the instructions were written on the bottom!! :gig
My brain was trying to figure out how you'd read instructions that were peed on and then i realized you meant the sole not the inside >.>

:hide

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That is AWESOME how you built that! I have showed the picture to my sweet DH, but alas he has his mind on his car and picking up his new motor today,definately not on tomatoes....:rolleyes: He must go fast,...boys and their toys! You know about that SKR8PN don't ya???? Anyway,...I understand the basics,..but now where do I come up with jugs, or barrels??? :barnie I will figure something out,......Honestly though,..how sad is it this time of year to go to a store and have to pay $2 a lb. for something they "say" is a tomatoe!! The lettuce is horrible too :sick Thanks for the ideas!!! :D

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I totally agree Creek! I simply REFUSE to do it.

I will continue to pick my green ones and eat them as they ripen, or eat canned ones or just STARVE before I will eat those plastic globes. :sick

What amazes me is that some people buy "store tomatoes" in the SUMMER!! A perfectly good Farmer's Garden exists but they don't shop there. My poor SIL kept saying he didn't like fresh tomatoes (and he is a Southern California native) then I finally realized he had never eaten a real one. Poor boy.

Maybe someday we can all have greenhouses like SKR8PN has. :thumbsup

Calliopia

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
As soon as we get our tax refund and I can afford the plastic, we're putting up our hoop house. It won't be as insulated as this but I figure something is better than nothing.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Calliopia said:
As soon as we get our tax refund and I can afford the plastic, we're putting up our hoop house. It won't be as insulated as this but I figure something is better than nothing.
You can still use thermal mass to help keep it warm. Just get some 15 gallon drums and fill them up with water. They are small enough to still be able to move or work around, but large enough to help keep the hoop house warm during the evenings.

Barrels like these
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23849&catid=459
Can be found cheap on Craiglist if you keep an eye out for them. The ones I have are food grade that had flavorings or sweeteners in them. A couple of good rinses and your good to go!!

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
I totally agree Creek! I simply REFUSE to do it.

I will continue to pick my green ones and eat them as they ripen, or eat canned ones or just STARVE before I will eat those plastic globes. :sick

What amazes me is that some people buy "store tomatoes" in the SUMMER!! A perfectly good Farmer's Garden exists but they don't shop there. My poor SIL kept saying he didn't like fresh tomatoes (and he is a Southern California native) then I finally realized he had never eaten a real one. Poor boy.

Maybe someday we can all have greenhouses like SKR8PN has. :thumbsup
My local grocery stores must hate to see me coming in the summer - when I see people looking at tomatoes, corn, green beans, etc. I just tell them to put that back down and come the the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning. Some of them actually did. I hate plastic tomatoes. :somad

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
It is -4 degrees here and it is only 8:15pm..... :cool:

But the greenhouse is doing GREAT!! :clap