smoking or Not.......

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
There hasnt been cig smoke in this house for eight years. My husband quit when he got his new vehicle in 2000. When I quit for two months this spring he started back up, then I did too. Now I am DONE and he is sill going.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Keep it up roosmom. :coolsun

I have never smoked so I can't say anything about how to quit and how hard it is. I can say it makes sense for more reasons than one.

You asked about others giving it up for reasons of frugality. Since I'm not giving it up I can't comment directly but can offer some reasons for giving it up.

Immediate savings. You aren't spending money and watching it go up in smoke. The savings can be used for other things as has been mentioned already.

Future savings. Health costs, cleaning costs, and I'm sure there are more things.

Hang in there. :clap

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:D Day four-still not smoking. Course the chickens kept me too busy to even think about it.....chasing them.....chasing them.......herding them LOL

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
roosmom said:
:D Day four-still not smoking. Course the chickens kept me too busy to even think about it.....chasing them.....chasing them.......herding them LOL
:weee Awesome! It's sooooo hard to quit! You rock!

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:D Day five..........................Still no cigarettes. Even tho I spent the early evening with my smoking mother, I didnt cave. But sadly this will be my last post on the subject because each time I post on this thread I get to thinking about it. Isnt that something? I dont even want to talk about it. LOL anyway, many thanks everyone....maybe I'll drop a line on this in say a month? maybe

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
How did I miss this??? GOOD JOB!!! I smoked for 20 years, tried more times than I can count. Finally, a year and nine (almost 10) months ago, I went to a hypnotist. I had to, as that was the only thing left! It worked like a charm, and when I walked out of the office, the smell of a cigarette down the street made me ill...awsome! DH still smokes, and although he does it outside (we never smoked in the house, ever) I make him rinse out his mouth before kissing on me, lol. H won't smoke in the car anymore, either. For the first few months I took my cig money and bought fun stuff from Avon, or some new clothes, etc. Now I just use it for chicken feed, dog food, etc...ROFL

YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Congrats! I'm so proud of you! Just keep distracting yourself! You can do it!