This is one case were you can say "Quitters always win!!"

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
Rough week?

Keep it up, you can get through it. :coolsun
ROTFLMAO
thank god you didnt get po'd like i did. I am sorry, and it has been a full non smoking week!!!!! I am sorry, I will say that to you out loud in front of everyone.....AND if you go back and look at the post it has been edited. Thank you for the belly, barking laugh. I needed it.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
enjoy the ride said:
Darn it all- I just looked at this and missed all the good stuff. It's all edited away now.:lol:
you didnt miss anything, just me being....ornery?
that'll do i guess. :)

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
roosmom said:
enjoy the ride said:
Darn it all- I just looked at this and missed all the good stuff. It's all edited away now.:lol:
you didnt miss anything, just me being....ornery?
that'll do i guess. :)
And just me making corrections.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I quit 28 years ago, after smoking for 12 years - when I quit they were 75 a pack. I can't imagine paying for smoking nowadays, around here I think they're up to $8.50 a pack! :ep

Cold turkey was my method, although I had a little help because I was in the hospital after having my first C-section. It was just when they were starting to tell you to not smoke while pregnant - and I was a pack and a half a dayer at the very least! Anyways, they wouldn't let us smoke in our rooms, you had to go to the smoking room, and at-the-time hubby asked me if I wanted him to help me down there - I said no. I was done. I was in there for five days, and then busy with a new baby, so I had no time to start again. And so it went.

I will say I dreamed about smoking for years afterwards - later on they were nightmares I'd wake up from, thinking I'd started smoking, and was furious with myself! Those are finally gone, although I swear they lasted a good 15 years after I quit!

Go for it, roosmom, you won't be sorry. I'm pullin' for ya! :weee

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
THANKS EVERYONE!!!!
Reinbeau, I have been smoking sisnce I was thirteen, Many years ago. I am still not smoking, would like to kick hubbys a**, but at least he doesnt smoke in the house.