Hey Y'All!!
I'm back to making smoothies so here's what I use:
5 Tbs plain yogurt
1/2 cup Orange Juice
1 banana
1 Naval orange (or 2 mandarian oranges)
1/2 Apple
2 tsp ORGANIC Cinnamon
Put all in blender and blend until smooth than drink up. I call it "Morning Get up and Go Blast".
Sounds delish! I have been too lazy to make smoothies lately. You're inspiring me!

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We are back on smoothies here too. Kids are on spring break and they can make their own, it is fun to see what they put in them ;) yesterday I had one with spinach, blueberries, sweet potato and banana with tart cherry juice and chia seed. Yum

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was making smoothies early part of last year.
I was using my favorite yogurt, frozen fruit. If I had fresh fruit (bananas mostly) I would use that along with the frozen fruit. By using frozen fruit I never had a need to use ice cubes. Let's see what kind of yogurt did I use blueberry, raspberry, vanilla and plain. I can't have strawberries (allergic) and don't like peach!
Sure there's others out there that use all sorts of things in their smoothie to make it more nutritious and filling. For me, a tall glass made with yogurt and frozen fruit is good enough.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ooh I'll be watching this. My favorite smoothie (and DD's) is yogurt, milk, frozen blueberries with some maple syrup and cinnamon. Yum. I don't like drinking milk by itself so I sneak it in there. But I'm interested in seeing what other people make for smoothies.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I keep thinking I should update this, but forget. Not much to update I'm afraid. I decided I dislike smoothied bananas even more than intact ones and the supermarket kindly "half price" black, rasp and strawberries on a regular basis, so those, along with natural yoghurt, milk, honey and soy protein powder is what I usually have. I added some porridge oats once and it was good, but I keep forgetting about now.

@Miss Lydia have you got recipes/ideas?

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My sister adds ground flax to her smoothies. I like just fruit and yogurt, sometimes milk or orange juice for a base. My smoothie machine (Magic Bullet) got put away for Christmas and has not made it back out of the cupboard yet.
I made ice cream and creme-de-minte smoothies in the blender last Tuesday. The rubber gasket for my blender is broken though, so no more of that for a little bit.