Snapshot--Moving on (A couple of photos added)

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
snapshot said:
Marianne said:
Are you the one that posted somewhere else that you are RV'ing full time?
Yew, we have been for nine years and are ready to stop.

LovinLife!!!! I would be happy to have a clothesline!!!!!! Hopefully this stage won't last much longer!!!!
When we were waiting on our house to be build we were living in a one bedroom apartment. My DH and I were sleeping in the living room and my son had the only bedroom and the kitchen was only a stove and a fridge...probably the same kitchen as your RV. We also had two dogs and I was 8 months pregnant! It was awful! But boy was I happy to get into my new house. I'm excited for you!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm impressed that your canning in your RV. That takes determination. Second my pressure manner requires 3 quarts as well. The trick is to let it fully vent for 10 min.

I look forward to reading more.

G

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
lovin life! Yeah, I can hardly wait too! It will be like Christmas only messier! This place has been abused! At least 2 floors have to be rebuilt. All flooring put in laminate in most rooms and carpet in bedrooms only. Everything painted and my brother in law will bulldoze a hole to put all the junk in from the house. Also has to bulldoze a couple of outbuildings. Don't even know about electric and we need all appliances. There is a well. Guess we will find out if it works. But when we go there, all we see is how it will look. And I love the kitchen and entire room behind it for pantry and canned supplies!!!!!

TanksHill, I was determined! About 4 years ago I decided I was going to do the things I love doing or we were going to stop traveling. So I started canning and sewing. It is a pain like right now when I am waiting to turn off the pressure canner so I can start the three gallons of butter milk for cheese. The oven is too small for both large pots. Don't care, doing it anyway!!!! Gotta go start the cheese now! Yippee!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Woohoo!!!!!! Finally done and I believe I got a couple of pounds of cheese and fourteen quarts of chicken canned!!!!!!!! Also two containers of French Onion Soup dinners now and later on. Guess I oughta go to bed now.

Dreaming of Chickens

Power Conserver
Reaction score
snapshot said:
lovin life! Yeah, I can hardly wait too! It will be like Christmas only messier! This place has been abused! At least 2 floors have to be rebuilt. All flooring put in laminate in most rooms and carpet in bedrooms only. Everything painted and my brother in law will bulldoze a hole to put all the junk in from the house. Also has to bulldoze a couple of outbuildings. Don't even know about electric and we need all appliances. There is a well. Guess we will find out if it works. But when we go there, all we see is how it will look. And I love the kitchen and entire room behind it for pantry and canned supplies!!!!!
Sounds like a great time to me, but I guess that is why I am studying interior design! After Katrina while we rebuilt our house I lived in a FEMA trailer for 19 months with my husband and Franklin. He was our 180 English Mastiff. I laugh when some of our friends talk about how hard it was living in their trailers with their little dogs. :gig I didn't mind the size of the trailer. I really think I could live in a tiny house with no problem. If you are organized and have proper storage and keep it clean it is really no problem. I read your post about spending 9 years on the road in your RV. I think I'd love spending a year or two on the road in one. I'd love to see the country that way.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
Wow ! :bow You must be the Queen of RV canning.
LOL! If I'm the queen, where' the bon bons? When we sold our house in FL to start traveling, my DH made me sell everything! Several years later I decided that's it. I hate being told I can't do something!

Maybe the "Control Freak" of RV canning.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Dreaming of Chickens said:
snapshot said:
Sounds like a great time to me, but I guess that is why I am studying interior design! After Katrina while we rebuilt our house I lived in a FEMA trailer for 19 months with my husband and Franklin. He was our 180 English Mastiff. I laugh when some of our friends talk about how hard it was living in their trailers with their little dogs. :gig I didn't mind the size of the trailer. I really think I could live in a tiny house with no problem. If you are organized and have proper storage and keep it clean it is really no problem. I read your post about spending 9 years on the road in your RV. I think I'd love spending a year or two on the road in one. I'd love to see the country that way.
Dreamin of chickens, I think about 7 years would have been enough for me. The biggest travel trailer we have lived in was (and is) 30 ft. with no slides. i think most of the FEMA trailers are bigger than that but I can't imagine it with a huge dog. I used to have a bull mastiff and she was like a bull in a china shop but I loved her dearly!!!!!

Dreaming of Chickens

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We were lucky. We did have a slide out and a handicap accessible bathroom (my husband is partially disabled because he has some pretty bad issues with his back and his his right knee) so even though the trailer, if I remember correctly, was something like 32 foot long, we had plenty of room considering. We were gland to have it so we could be by our home during the rebuild. It made it so much easier. Believe it or not, Franklin didn't get in the way too much. He would just lay in front of the sofa and we'd use him as a foot rest. :D I miss my big hairy foot rest. He was the best.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh my I cannot imagine the steam and the tight work area canning in our RV. I use a turkey fryer base with my canner outside, I also have a 2 burner outdoor stove that is great also (it's a camp chef yukon brand outdoor stove)