Snapshot--Moving on (A couple of photos added)

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
sufficientforme said:
Oh my I cannot imagine the steam and the tight work area canning in our RV. I use a turkey fryer base with my canner outside, I also have a 2 burner outdoor stove that is great also (it's a camp chef yukon brand outdoor stove)
DH won't even let me get a grill til we have the house.

Today was another cooking/baking day. Made one loaf of bread, hamburger buns. And I should say that I am spoiled since I have been using whey as the liquid. today I was out and used milk and water and the taste is not half as good to me. Texture different also. I made corn muffins for DH and a cheese grits casserole with green chiles and a tomato salad with Italian dressing.

Got very hot while baking as my exhaust fan just screams so loudly sometimes that I can't use it. DH says he will fix it this weekend. I picture myself tearing it out and just beating the tar out of it with a sledge hammer!!!!!!! Oh well, it's a nice picture! LOL

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
so you replace the water in your bread recipe with straight whey?

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
so you replace the water in your bread recipe with straight whey?
Yes. I do the starter with yeast, sugar and water for five minutes to make sure the yeast is working. All the rest of the liquid is whey. It reminds me of salt-rising bread which has always been my favorite, but his is much easier and faster to make!

ChaneyLakegirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I just want to say that canning in an RV sounds like an adventure in itself. I never seem to have enough room in the kitchen, but I cringe at the thought of trying to do it in the RV.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Savingdogs, it does taste a little salty but not much. The salt rising bread actually has nothing to do with salt in the recipe. The name comes from the rock salt that was heated and mounded around the container that your dough was rising in. It sounds misleading though.

Chaneylakegirl, I cringe when I think about it too! Better not to think, just do! LOL And look forward to having my kitchen halfway soon!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
:bow Sorry about the bonbons. :lol: I ate them myself.
Seriously, I am impressed. You don't let stuff get in the way of doing the things that matter to you. :thumbsup

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Dragonlaurel! I'm responsible for my life and I really hate regrets! So I do what I can!

That being said, I was sick half the day with a stomach flu or something. blah! Went to a fruitstand for some fruit and veggies since the RV park frowns on me having a garden and I don't want to do containers when we are moving in a month or two. Dh doesn't like having to move extra stuff! Other than that, I've just been laying around all day. Mostly watching MASH reruns. I have always loved Colonel Flagg! My favorite! Well, better get to bed.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Enjoy planning your garden for the new place- you'll have it soon enough. :D

Mash reruns are still better than most current shows. I'd have a hard time picking a favorite character.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Well, I've had a backup plan in place since March. It was an offer to come back and just work the busy season at the restaurant in AZ that I have worked the last six winters. It would be great money but it would be 1200 miles away from DH and pups and I would have to take a Greyhound out there. (I've done that once to visit a year ago and hated it) Suitcase lost for a week and broken into and me late to destination. The folks I work with are fun and a bunch of partyers! Me not so much. I'm sure the opportunity would be there to get myself in trouble but I'm just too much of a whimp. Anyway, tomorrow I will call and tell my boss that I can't do it. With the house still in limbo, we would probably be in and trying to do the fixing up when I had to leave. DH really doesn't want me that far away for two months and I really don't want to go either but the money would have been so good!!! This kinda closes a door on my past and that is hard to do for me. I really love waitressing!!! I can tell her that I might come back another season in the future but I will have animals and responsibilities here and I know it. I felt this way when I had to let go of my photography business in FL because we were starting our traveling life. It's just sad but I know it is the right thing to do and that I will feel better once I have spoken to her.
Guess it's time to look forward and stop looking back ... again! Thanks for listening!

Latest posts