Snapshot--Moving on (A couple of photos added)

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Got my new computer set up myself and now getting to know windows 8. I'm home a bit more now which is a happy thing!

The garden is going crazy and more rain in the forecast. Cukes just came up today. Potatoes are just nuts. Can't fit any more dirt in the containers.

DH hooked up the dvd player so I can exercise some. Life is pretty calm and drama free for now. Hope to keep it that way.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Learned plenty today about windows 8! I'm liking it.

DH told me he wanted to garden the old fashioned way--his words--last summer. Finally got tired of weeding yesterday and asked if I knew another way. So today I got to put down mulch! He thought 2 bags was plenty and I didn't but I'll buy more next week. I'm so glad he is letting me do something my way.

Made country fried steaks (pork) for dinner with mashed potatoes and green beans in Italian dressing.

I love weekends!!!!!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That sounds yummy! I had leftovers that I didn't really like cuz I was too beat to make anything else. :lol:

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
We lost our sweet Buddy today. He had not had a seizure in 9 months. Yesterday we saw county workers spraying for mosquitos and DH closed up the house right away but we think it got in the backyard also. He was in seizure this morning for an hour and a half. The medicine did not help but he had been off it for 8 months. He was still seizing when we got to the vets and he agreed that it was best to let him go. He said he might be able to stop it but for how long? Buddy was a schnauzer with the heart and personality of a Golden retriever. The sweetest boy we have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He was pure love! We brought him home and buried him in the back yard but he will be in our hearts forever! Goodbye my little love!

Molly and Lucee just seem a little bit confused and not themselves. Thankful they are healthy.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:hugs So sorry you had to go thru that.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Thank you all for your sympathy and comments! Buddy had a great life once we found him! He had no seizures for the last 9 months, great health and a big back yard to run and play in! I'm so sad he's gone but glad it was fast and not dragged out for months. You are all appreciated

Our garden, although small, is just going gangbusters! As soon as I can figure out how to load photos, I'll put some up.