So are you saving.....

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OrganicKale said:
Wow - I must have extra weird and special eyes because I have never paid less than$500 for a pair of eyeglasses.
You really ought to consider using Zenni Optical. $500 is outrageous for two little pieces of plastic lens and a wire/plastic frame. Opticians have been ripping people off for many years. The quality of Zenni Glasses is comparable to any out there. All you need is a prescription.

OrganicKale

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Do they have the transitions lenses, glare and scratch coating, and the seamless bifocals- and of course cool frames? That is where they always get me.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I just checked the site out. LOTS of choices. I guess that is where I am getting my next pair :D I have a $125 credit with a local optical place, but I can never get out of there for less than $300.

OrganicKale

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Boogity said:
OrganicKale said:
Wow - I must have extra weird and special eyes because I have never paid less than$500 for a pair of eyeglasses.
You really ought to consider using Zenni Optical. $500 is outrageous for two little pieces of plastic lens and a wire/plastic frame. Opticians have been ripping people off for many years. The quality of Zenni Glasses is comparable to any out there. All you need is a prescription.
Actually the last time I went, I kept the same frames that I had and it was still $500. So yeah, it does feel like a rip off.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yikes this was surprising.
screw the electric and oil industry...lets get the 'personal service' industry for their gouging :lol:

truly eyecare has opened my eyes :p

S

sunsaver

OrganicKale said:
Boogity said:
OrganicKale said:
Actually the last time I went, I kept the same frames that I had and it was still $500. So yeah, it does feel like a rip off.
That's a huge rip-off! I pay $1 for a pair of reading glasses at the dollar store. Sure they're made in china and full of lead, but they let me read fine print. I guess they think you've gotta see, so you've gotta pay! Doesn't make it right.

OrganicKale

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Bimpnottin said:
I need to save enough to buy my fencing so I can bring home the Dexter cattle we are getting.
are you going to be selling beef?

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
We're saving for our summer kitchen at the moment. We want a 14x32 building, but want to be able to pay cash for it. We don't buy anything of time anymore, too much wasted money. We have kept one credit card for emergencies, but have been told that if we don't use it, it will be canceled. Oh well, I guess they can cancel it. :)