So are you saving.....

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
OrganicKale said:
Bimpnottin said:
I need to save enough to buy my fencing so I can bring home the Dexter cattle we are getting.
are you going to be selling beef?
We're only on 3 acres, so it's mainly for us and maybe the neighbor and my parents. So, only REALLY local. I want my kids to have animals, besides pets, to amp up the responsibility. We always had animals when I was growing up and my kids NEED that experience.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I'm saving back to buy a Nubian Milking Doe :)

OrganicKale

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Bimpnottin said:
OrganicKale said:
Bimpnottin said:
I need to save enough to buy my fencing so I can bring home the Dexter cattle we are getting.
are you going to be selling beef?
We're only on 3 acres, so it's mainly for us and maybe the neighbor and my parents. So, only REALLY local. I want my kids to have animals, besides pets, to amp up the responsibility. We always had animals when I was growing up and my kids NEED that experience.
WEll lucky you. I love Dexter beef.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dentist! $$$$$ Glasses (ya, me too) and kitchen cabinets from the RTA cabinet store online. Base cabinets only, weirdo, artsy fun upper cabinets.

We use one credit card for a lot of stuff like DH's work expenses, pay it off every month. About every three months we have enough reward points for a $50 credit on our bill.

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We're trying to pay down the house ASAP... the closer it gets, the longer it seems to be taking to get there, but we will make our last mortgage payment in 3 months. I cannot wait... then we can start doing all the other things that have been waiting for the house to be paid off (Our mortgage was only 5 years, so it's not like I've been waiting 30 years to do stuff, but still)

An insulated chicken coop, a greenhouse (hoop house), windows, doors, a roof, siding, flooring, drywall, paint, new(er) furniture for the house.

I need glasses and dental work too, but it's just been too expensive to do so far... everything starts to turn around for us once there is no more mortgage.

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
either cash or no have. Good way to live. Cause no one can repo it.

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
savig to finish the last year of my specialization. 9 months and my pay should be soooo much higher. so we are squirming for nine months and then hopefully we will be comfortable.

so for now, no spending unless necessary and all bills paid first, then fun money. Hubby will struggle the hardest. He likes to have money in his pocket. im used to doing without. I've been really poor, he never has.