Someday Farm, yup someday it will all be just the way i want it..........

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
thanks DD. we'll see how she works out. I'm hopeful

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
half way to West Virginia tonight. outside Nashville. saw two nasty wrecks on I-40. both involved fires. have no idea if anyone was hurt. youall be blessed and i'll see you next week.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I always say a prayer when I come across a bad accident.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
me too DD. always hurts my heart for them and their family that has to deal with the aftermath of an accident.
man what a past week. last Monday took ds#1 to have cardiac tests then took off and went to nw Arkansas to pick up a new ram , Tuesday took ds#5 to Dr, Wednesday took ds#1 back for more tests, Thursday back to town for more tests for ds#1and Friday back to Dr. for ds#5. a trip to town takes over an hour to get there and another hour to get back plus having to stop for rx, groceries, etc. made for a long week. especially since i hadn't caught up from the trip to w.va. Sat. Sun and today dd, sil and sil's brother were here to visit. glad to see them but glad to see them go too. remember, my house is very little, one bedroom and there wasn't room to cuss a cat without getting fur in your mouth. haven't gotten a thing done around here but what the heck
decided to lease a ram this year instead of buying one. if i lease him i pay $100 and take him back when he has done his do. if i buy him he is $300 and then i have to feed him forever. was kind of a no brainer for me. and yes he is a black sheep, seemed appropriate for me. and the ewes think he is very handsome.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'd like to get a Ram as well, but not that kind. Mine would have 4 tires instead of 4 feet. :D

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hope you can get the ram you want @Denim Deb. am finally able to upload a pic of him. check out his 'leg of lamb'. the 2nd pic is of Katie checking out JJ

Attachments

• IMG_0996.JPG
    IMG_0996.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0995.JPG
    IMG_0995.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 312

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Looks like they're having a secret discussion.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope you get caught up on your rest, running back and forth to Dr's is tiring, especially when an hour away. Your ram is just drop dead gorgeous! Leasing him, what a brilliant idea!

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
well its been a long time since I've been here and visited with youall. I've been reading about the things you've been up to.
not a lot of changes here. i'm down to 3 adult does, 1 adult buck and a couple of kids. not much of a herd anymore. three ewes and a ram. still have chickens and ducks. have had several chicks hatched this spring and have lost a lot of them to black snakes. have 30 baby ducks in the growout pen and two more ducks sitting on eggs. also have two hens sitting on eggs too.
planted my barrel garden this year, the goats got in my yard and ate most of it down to nubs so not much to show for my effort. going to plant some fall veggies in the next month or so.
still have emma, the house dog, JJ, the farm dog and Katie the LGD has a new partner named marco. they are all of fine fiddle and doing their jobs well.
youall take care and i'll be back sooner than later.