Someday Farm, yup someday it will all be just the way i want it..........

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh, I think that's a great idea GG! There was a time when my DH did infusion therapy for home health. He loved it! He is very social and loved going to folks homes and chatting them up while giving them the care they needed - and he's very good at finding veins, lol. There are so many options when you have a nursing license that I'm sure you'll find just the right gig.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
had to have a tooth cut out yesterday. whine, whine, whine!!! visualize a tulip, flower on top was the broken part, long stem was the root and it had a bulb on the end. not easy to get out, had to wiggle it back and forth like an old fence post to loosen it before he could pull it out. i have such a terror of dentist, poor guy i almost tore the arms off his chair. been eating ibuprofen like m&m's so I'm living thru it.
stopped by the butcher shop on the way home and picked up the steer. i have a fat, happy freezer as of now. i still have some meat left from the last steer and i think that after i get back from W Va I'm going to thaw the older beef out, cook it up and can it. great for all kinds of easy meals. i just don't want to fool with it right now.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yikes! I'm right with you on fear of the dentist... longstanding childhood terror!

Congrats on the fat happy freezer, lol. Mine is pretty fat and happy too - but it needs a good going through. Not my favorite chore, but needs to be done to make room for more stuff to make it fatter and happier!

Hope you feel better soon!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I had to have a tooth yanked this year as well. But at least mine was easy.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
just got a text from a friend of mine along with a picture of a huge black bear, did i say huge! was on his game cam and it's not but 2 miles from my house. and saw a picture of a 9 ft rattlesnake that was killed at the base of the mountain behind me last week. again less than 2 miles from me. sucker had 14 buttons. makes me not want to go out and play at night without a flood light on my feet to see where I'm stepping.
tooth still hurts, I'm not likin' this.
got some perennial flowers planted today, cleaned the pool for the last time this year and put the cover on it. I'm gonna miss my little plastic puddle but it was just to cool to enjoy playing in it. i love fall but hate that winter is coming whether we want it to or not.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm w/you. I love the fall, but am not overly fond of winter-unless it's fairly mild. Then, I don't mind it that much. But when we get those winters that come early, then hang around forever, I'm not happy. And if there's a lot of snow, that just makes it worse.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
had brunch with some friends this morning. we are all old retired nurses, we had a total of 120 years of nursing experience between the 4 of us. oh my, the war stories we tell. i have to feel sorry for the people sitting close to us in the café, lol. doesn't take long for some of them to leave.
tooth that i had cut out is still bothering me, had to go back to the dentist for some antibiotics and broke down and took his pain pills. did i say how bad i dislike dentist. that explains how i let my tooth get so bad in the first place tho.
went to Joplin, Missouri yesterday to pick up a new member of the farm team. meet JJ, short for Janice Joplin. i know, i have a weird sense of humor. miss J is going to be a farm/yard/house dog. i have been having problems with opossums, raccoons, and the like in my yard for a while now and altho Katie tries her best to protect everything her first priorities are the goats and sheep. i realize J is going to have to grow a bit but good things come to those that wait. @frustratedearthmother are you still liking gracie? i hope i haven't messed up. we use to have the old time farm collies years ago and i love them as an all around good farm dog. Katie will still be getting a new LGD helper in the future but J is going to fill a much needed niche. bad news is that my emma is not pleased! she basically just ignores her and has yet to acknowledge her presence. hateful old dog, she makes me laugh. youall have a blessed day

Attachments

• IMG_0935.JPG
    IMG_0935.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 342

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What a cutie - Congrats!

I love (almost) everything about Gracie. She is very high-energy and easily bored....and she's like a baby who is teething - she needs to chew on everything, lol. But, smart as a whip and learns something new every day. When you call these dogs an "all around farm dog" it IS the perfect description. So far, she's learned to herd (although she's still a little over-energetic), she kills rats, she finds eggs, she even caught a chicken for me a week or so ago! I think JJ will be awesome.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
thanks FEM, she is a cutie pa tootie for sure. i got her thru the English shepherd rescue. there is a lady in Joplin who does rescue and trains service dogs. there was a litter of 8 pups and i went up there thinking i would get a male because with kate and emma both being female i wasn't sure i wanted to bring another girl into the mix but after getting there and observing the pups for over an hour of the two males available one was very timid and people oriented. he wanted to be under your feet or in your lap all the time and male number 2 was the instigator of the group. if there was trouble he was the one who started it. he is the one who would herd/chase the chickens etc and i felt he needed more of a job than i had for him. after watching them all i picked out JJ she is more laid back, will come to you for petting but is ok to go lay in the shade too. i hope she works as well as i think she will. like mama use to say 'time will tell'