South Carolina?

ranchhand

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:welcome

So you moved from the oven to the steamer! I moved from TX in 2001, same thing! :D

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
moxies_chickennuggets said:
Marianne said:
:frow Welcome from central Kansas to you, too!
Thanks Marianne...I just moved to SC from Manhattan KS, in Jan 08.
Probably not any cooler there than here, huh? :D
We lived in Salina for a LOT of years, now we're north of Abilene, out in the toolies. Manhattan is a fun town, I always liked it.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Silver Poni said:
I am used to much more chatter. I had forgotten I was even on this thread!

Hope everyone made it through the snow well enough. I am waiting on some more.
Me too. I had to go wandering around in here again...found it..popped in.

BrandedX

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi ya'll!

My family and I live in Sumter. Currently living in a quiet trailer park where we are kinda tucked back in a corner next to a small pond that I pilfer shad and some sunfish out of from time-time. We also harvest the wild black raspberries that crowd around it.

While only about .25 of an acre, we've managed to squeeze quite a bit into it. Last fall I built a 4'x4' hen house with an attached 4'x8' enclosed run. I broke ground on a traditional row garden (with a nominally successful crop of bush and wax beans and cucumbers that we pickled, some tomatoes we gobbled up pretty much as soon as they ripened and a few strawberries and green peppers) and I plan on building a handful of square foot beds within the next couple of weeks.

Our dream is eventually find a 5-10 acre place where we can really work towards self-generated income and break free from the tediousness of urbanized life.

Anyways, I look forward to mingling and learning.