South Carolina?

ranchhand

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hello all,

I come from BYC, bringing my chicken baggage along.
Anyone else from South Carolina?

I am in Hollywood, south of Charleston, near the coast.

:frow

Hiedi

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hello! I am in Spartanburg County, just trying to make the most on one acre with six chickens and a garden. :frow

ranchhand

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:frow

Keljonma, I lived ages 3 - 17 in Camden, not far from Rock Hill. Pretty area, my sisters are still there.

Hiedi, Id be glad to have an acre if it got sun! We have 1.46, but half is woods and the other half is heavily shaded. The chickens love all the leaves, though! When I can let them out in the woods, my feed bill drops a lot.

Hiedi

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hiedi, Id be glad to have an acre if it got sun! We have 1.46, but half is woods and the other half is heavily shaded. The chickens love all the leaves, though! When I can let them out in the woods, my feed bill drops a lot.
Ours is only an acre, but it is all flat usable land so I am happy about that. The house is small (800 square feet) so it does not take up much space. We are trying to utilize as much as possible of the land we have, although I wish that I had more room to grow some corn. My neighbor has fifty acres that is not being used for anything. I am so tempted to ask her to let me grow some corn on her hand.
:bow

ranchhand

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hiedi said:
I am so tempted to ask her to let me grow some corn on her hand.
I meant to say "land". :gig
:lol: , that's ok, I meant to say 1.64, not 1.46! :lol:

On the serious side, if you are friendly, it can't hurt to ask. Just give her lots of corn, and be very respectful of her land. Good luck!

Hiedi

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ranchhand said:
Hiedi said:
I am so tempted to ask her to let me grow some corn on her hand.
I meant to say "land". :gig
:lol: , that's ok, I meant to say 1.64, not 1.46! :lol:

On the serious side, if you are friendly, it can't hurt to ask. Just give her lots of corn, and be very respectful of her land. Good luck!
We are all going out to eat dinner together this Friday so I am thinking about bringing up the subject. I am pretty sure that she would probably say "yes".

McNugget

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hello All! I'm new to the board and this is my first post. I found the site from my membership on http://www.backyardchickens.com/ so I decided to use my same username and avatar in case there are other site http://www.backyardchickens.com/ here.

I had my 4KW solar installed in Dec 09 and am "netmeetring" with Duke Power for now. I've applied to PaCE and am waiting on my application to be accepted. I undestand the program may be closed for now.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Welcome!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the solar. Do they pay you for what you feed back into the grid? Or only give you credit towards your bill?

gina