Spinning adventure

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Soon! It seems silly, since I have no clue as to what I am doing. I took some, and will take some more next week. It is finals week at school, and I have LOTS of homework to correct. Plus tax week, plus out of town guests, plus my folks moved into an apartment nearby and we are getting them settled......YIKES! HELP!!!

Carding is very soothing, actually. I think I will do some more tonight.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
hwillm1977 wrote:
immediately my brain wondered what I could do with 300 low-medium quality fleeces

Make an organic mattress! That would be wonderful to sleep on.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Have you seen the prices of CuddleEwe underquilts??? http://www.cuddleewe.com/detail.aspx?ID=1

I bought a twin-size years ago for my massage table, and ended up stealing it for my bed...poor dh, we have a king size and he doesn't get the underquilt. I would love to make a king-sized one....

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
BTW, my fleece is pretty dry, and I made a whole bunch of rolags. Maybe a third of it is carded now....I'll have to make that drop spindle soon, so I can see if I want to make the entire thing into rolags for spinning or if I want to get started on a quilt or pillow....

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
:th

SPENDY!

We have one that is probably close to twenty years old. I had it on my bed a couple years ago but it kept slipping off. Now that I sleep on the couch I have a thick single sleeping bag laid over the cushions for added comfort, works almost as well!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I got that little twin one years ago and it wasn't that expensive, I think the company was newer. Glad I did. It is wonderful to sleep on, and I just air it now and then over the gate, where it will be in the sun for an hour or two, then in shade for the rest of the day. I turn it regularly, too. LOVE IT!

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I got that little twin one years ago and it wasn't that expensive, I think the company was newer. Glad I did. It is wonderful to sleep on, and I just air it now and then over the gate, where it will be in the sun for an hour or two, then in shade for the rest of the day. I turn it regularly, too. LOVE IT!
Those look fabulous... I'm sure I could make something like that... how lofty is the wool inside, is it packed tightly together?

I've got some books that have felting projects in them too... area rugs, table runners, etc... so I might try felting some.