Splain your user name!

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
How did you choose your user name?

I'll start- sylvie is the name of my silver laced wyandott hen.
It sounded most like silver. I was watching a travel show where a french lady named sylvie was showing how to shop in an outdoor market for truffles. Sounded perfect for the chicken.

When I joined BYC I needed a user name fast because I was accumulating chicken questions. When I joined SS and TEG I just brought it along.
My namesake turned out to be a nasty feather picker, the only one in the flock.
I should have chosen a name from one of the nicer chickens, but how can you tell when they're pullets?

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
When I first joined BYH, BYC, and SS I chose the name 'Amos' after a goat I had. I first used the name on a goat forum.

Eventually the goat earned a bad name and was sold. I decided I needed a name change.

My name, Merle, is French and translates to Blackbird in English.

There you have it. :)

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I thought it was appropriate for a "self sufficiency" forum. It's how I want us to be able to handle things as much as we can. On Our Own.

Diavolicchio

Contemplation Leave
Reaction score
Diavolicchio is Italian for Little Devil. It is also the name of a particular type of super-hot Italian chili pepper.

I'm half Italian (other half Irish), love to cook, love spicy food, and can be (on a rare occasion) a wee bit of a harmless smartass.

The name just fits.

John

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Henrietta is the name of the town I lived in from birth to age 3 (NY-near Rochester) and I chose it for BYC because it's a cool chickeny sounding name. I named one of my Red Stars after "myself" and 23 because there was already a Henrietta on BYC. 23 is the day of the month I was born on in July.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Rein is my married name, Beau is the first part of my maiden name. I used to go by Annbal, my first name and the first part of my then-married name. I still use that as my main e-mail address, I'd been annbal for so long it would be just too much of a pain to change.

eggs4sale

Lush who can't use a cheese grater
Reaction score
Mine is really cryptic, so I don't want to spoil the mystique.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I make lip balms and the label reads "BeeKissed", so when I started frequenting forums, I started with Beemasters.com and needed a beeky name. Beekissed was the only one I could think of.

I think I met Ann there and she invited me to BYC and the rest is history! :D

I was too lazy to use a different forum name for each forum, so Beekissed it stayed and probably always will.

This will be the year that I finally live up to my name and actually get bees! :p

johnElarue

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Mine is a misspelling (sp?) of my favorite character from the 80's Canadian comedy program , Second City Television. Johnny LaRue aka John Candy.

johnnylarue.jpg

Latest posts